Lag Again - Can we fix this?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Waive, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Waive New Member

Zone times of 3+ minutes and significant inside zone lag with rubberbanding, etc.. Can we fix this?
    Falgrin, Warpeace, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

It's like this on every raid night on FV -- Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. Lag lag lag. Slow zone times (2-4 minutes with occasional disconnects because it takes so long), randomly terrible instances where spells don't cycle back (bard melodies randomly stop), disc buttons don't fire off, etc.
  3. Falgrin New Member

It's sad how this has been a wide spread issue for years now and no fix has come... Even sadder, I don't see a fix coming anytime soon either. At this point I would put my money on an eq3 coming out before our current dev team fixes the lag.

Any player that's actually played on live for more than 5+ years is experiencing the lag right now. My free to play character; who doesn't have a bank full of stuff, who doesn't have a full inventory, who doesn't have a house, who doesn't use tribute, who doesn't have 20 of every overseer agent, and who doesn't use a power source doesn't really see the lag. Which is likely what the dev team sees, cause we all know how much they play the game. But my character that is 10+ years old; who has every bank and inventory slot filled with 40+ slot bags and each of those bags are full of items. Plus a house full of stuff, who uses tribute, a power source and has 15+ of most overseer agents sure does... It's crippling and completely ruins gameplay.

So in order to reproduce the lag I would suspect we would need a dev who would actually play the game... Meaning a dev would need to load up a character with 40+ slot bags in their inventory and bank, fill those bags full of items. Load a house with lots of stuff in it. Turn on tribute. Put in a power source. Load up a bunch of overseer agents and run 5 quests... And then go play the game, good luck.
    Fenthen likes this.