Lady Vox - Old Man Mckenzie Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by porky, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Azrael Elder

We ran a ton of these for our guild to get them all rez sticks earlier this year, and figured out the flagging entirely.

1) You need a vox kill for the items to show up on vendor. It costs 63 brews.
    2) You just need to be in the task (not necessarily in zone) for the kill credit. However, the items will not show up on vendor until you've zoned into the instance at least once.
    3) You can only zone into the instance and participate in the kill if you have at least 7 wins from that solteris era. There's quite a few raids that apply. We did crystallos, as that seemed the easiest, and is pretty much tank and spank all the way through, can just slaughter everything. You need 7 lockouts to unlock it, and there's 10 events in there.
    4) If you already have a vox kill from being in a task, but have never zoned into the instance, then all you need to do is complete the raid flagging then zone into the instance. You can then drop the vox instance and the items will appear on vendor.
    5) To request naggy you need the 7 raid wins, and to request vox I believe you need the 7 raid wins + naggy.

You can therefore add as many people as you like to the task, kill vox, and all those people will have the flag, whether they zone into the instance or not. They can only see the item on vendor after zoning in once. The 7 raid wins can be completed after the vox kill - once that's done, they can just request a vox instance, and zoning in and out of it will be enough to unlock the item on vendor.

Mages and Necros are all you need to kill both naggy and vox, we got it down to a science. If you give all the rewards to 1 person they end up with 16 brews (2 for kill, 3 for each of the 2 items = 8 per dragon, 16 for both). Everyone else will get 4 brews (2 per dragon).
  2. Kolani Augur

I bought a Scimitar of the Mistwalker off the vendor and I never did the OMM raids, so one of us is wrong here.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Did you buy that before or after the nerf to OMM's?

Ill concede that at one point you could buy things off OMM without the kill flags. However post the nerfs, I have always had to do an entire Vox kill to see the items on characters created after the nerfs.

This would coincide with what Azrael is saying and what a handful of my guildies saw when we flagged them for OMM raids.

It sounds like both of us could be right in this scenario, depending on how the flagging to view items is coded.

A quick test would be to take a newish character that never had the flags, and go and do Tower/Crystallos.

If you can view the items on them I am wrong. If not well then for characters that got flagged post Nerf they have to get the kill flag.