Kunark buffed mobs.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Porygon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Porygon Augur

So with the buffed kunark mobs being placed already on Fippy. I logged over to take a look, and to my surprise, Faydedar, and the Royals in Chardok were also buffed.

Now I can understand Faydedar, since he's technically a raid mob, and on a longer respawn.

But the Royals? They are a 2 hour respawn. And don't even drop anything worth while for people to farm. I feel like this is going to put huge roadblocks on some classes for their epics. Especially the cleric epic.

I can understand most of the buffed mobs, but some of the decisions I don't get. Like the wraith of shissar, why is this buffed. I see no reason for it.

I'm not holding my breath for a dev response, but just thought I would see how everyone else feels.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Cainen Augur

Royals required a large number of players in classic Kunark, they will require a large number of players in TLP Kunark. I see no issues with this at all. Epics are epic, they require a raid force for most of them to be complete.
  3. Porygon Augur

I understand this, the point of the buffed mobs was to discourage people from pet walling "raid mobs". I don't think anyone that pays eq considers the Royals a raid mob. The hardest part is actually getting to them. And I'm not concerned for myself, I can almost guarantee that I'll be able to kill them.

I just don't understand the justification behind buffing a mob that spawns every 2 hours.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Osgz Lorekeeper

Someone was bored and said /shrug F it ill buff the royals why not :)
  5. Detheb Augur

To answer your question. Anything they considered "Raid mob" was buffed across the board, thats it. Testing wasn't done, nor was logic applied apparently. I doubt they have the resources to devote to fixing them either.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Porygon Augur

Which isn't a huge deal in classic. But with so many "raid" mobs for epics...They are now just telling people. Such a shame.
  7. Healiez Augur

You happen to see how hard they are hitting??
  8. Porygon Augur

Faydedar was hitting for 675, which is 3 times his normal.

I didn't check Royals, but I would imagine the same, 3x current damage.
  9. Vlerg Augur

pretty sure I did king and prince with 2 groups. queen with 3.

it was amazing doing stuff without being lagged out (back in the day).
  10. Porygon Augur

Yea, I mean like I said.
    The hardest part of those mobs is pulling them.
    They don't need to be buffed.
    Simone likes this.
  11. Simone Augur

Really? Then how come they have buffed mobs in classic to the point where pet walling is the only viable strategy?
  12. Ethereal Augur

13. Porygon Augur

Because their plan didn't work.
  14. Okial Augur

I'd like to see this too. Just because my guild is smaller and only around 30 people that don't box, means we don't have a shot at our epics? Horrible design imo. Most of us came back under the impression it would be a TLP server. Not a TLP Revamp classic mob to hit harder than elemental planes bosses server.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Kattahn Elder

That awkward moment when the changes make it so literally the only way to kill some bosses is with pet walling.

Nice job DBG.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Porygon Augur

This isn't the point of the post. But thank you
  17. Hateseeker Augur

Maybe they should have put in a pet recast cooldown. Chain summoning in mass groups of mages really circumvents that you're not supposed to get suspended pet abilities til AA anyway.

2 minute delay that starts upon death of pet, perhaps?
  18. Delrone Journeyman

Yes they will quad for 8k DT every 10 seconds and will require 120 mage pets each. Each one will drop a single fine steel weapon that is all.
    Simone likes this.
  19. Sebbun Augur

Isn't there an invis BP that drops off the King? Few other weapons and drops I recall being significant at the time. However, knowing this, I went ahead and canceled my accounts. I didn't sign up for a revamped classic version. The only revamp should have been instanced content, which I know will bring out the disagreement train.

I think the sub numbers speak for themselves. It was at least enjoyable visiting guk and solb. It was also nice being able to do sky for those few weeks.

Maybe next go round they will have a plan instead of a shot in the dark.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Grish Augur

I was wondering about Chardok Royals too. They were doable in Velious without any raid gear by a good group. I didn't play in Kunark to compare. There are some pretty good drops, like the cleric gloves. Regardless, they were definitely not designed initially to require 50+ people, nor was anything else in Kunark. If they are buffed up to triple dps, they will require quite a few people wasting their time to kill them.

On Fippy and Vulak they were easily doable with 3-4 people if you had a decent puller.

I don't really get any of it personally. I do understand why you would buff them up a little bit in response to changes, I don't think it should have affected their dps, just a triple HP buff on all would have been sufficient.
    Simone likes this.