<Kuk Clan> progresses through MMM for first time !

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kukgrol, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Kukgrol Elder

<Kuk Clan> had a nice guild first today - defeating Meldrath the Malignant, final boss mob of Meldrath's Majestic Mansion. He was kind enough to give us our first 12 keys to Crystallos raid zone. Few more weeks and we're looking forward to raiding in Crystallos.

Yes, it's been done before. (Just like live server have done it for years). But, it was progression for us. It was only a couple weeks ago that we finally beat Breakneck, then Bargangle and Battle Room.

For us, with so many new and still growing members, it was a great night. Our raids are definitely getting stronger and able to handle increasing amounts of raid mechanics. With so much room to grow with all of our newer members still needing raid gear and AAs, it bodes well for what lies ahead.

Grats to everyone that participated. Looking foward to a lot more firsts in both Crystallos and SoD !

[IMG]
    Xanadas and Thewiz like this.
  2. Morthakia Augur

Pretty exciting time to be a part of Kuk Clan. Four guild firsts in three weeks! Looking forward to seeing Crystallos for the first time.
  3. Gorillanator New Member

It's ok to be proud of these victories.
    Keep posting!
  4. Iila Augur

What? No pics?
    Punchu and oisjafoij like this.
  5. Kukgrol Elder

Progress on the server from where it was 6 months ago. And more to follow.
  6. Punchu Augur

This victory brought to you by the guild that unlocked 5 more levels and AA's so Kuk Clan could beat content they've had for a year.
    Thanarin likes this.
  7. Kukgrol Elder

Actually I guess you're right. This victory happened after that guild left our server and the population started to grow. It happened because our server has become a home for people wanting drama free EQ play, and a base of players that enjoy EQ in a casual playstyle without the need to rush to beat everything first (when it's already been done many times before as I mentioned in my OP above).
    Xanadas likes this.
  8. Kukgrol Elder

Actually it is true our guild is the only active raiding guild on Vulak. But that has a lot to do with the fact that we welcome people at low level, before they're able to raid. We don't require them to have full time play schedules, and we help them along the way to catch up to where we're at currently.

This has helped them get to know everyone so when they are ready to raid, they're already part of our community. It's less of a 'mercenary / hired gun' type of approach, and more of a go at your own pace approach.

That's helped make us a stronger family and less need for other raiding guilds on the server I guess. It probably helps that if the playstyle doesn't suit someone they can always server transfer off to Fippy.

Thanks for the question, it gives the community at large an opportunity to understand the differences between the 2 TLP servers.
  9. Machen New Member

Kuk, please stop trying to exaggerate differences that just aren't there. Both remaining guilds on Fippy do exactly what you're describing here. Citizen has 10 players on our raid roster right now who joined in the last 3-4 months at low levels, and were helped along to catch up quickly and be ready to raid. We have at least another dozen or so still leveling. And no one is requiring anyone to have full time play schedules. Both EOE and Citizen's raid attendance pages are open to the public; it isn't hard to see that both guilds have some pretty low attendance players, who still actually get loot on raids and amazingly aren't kicked out.
  10. Heartland Augur

Congratulations Kuk!
    Great to see you guys making progress. How long until you guys will break into Tower/Citadel of the Worldslayer?
  11. Aneia Master

Kuk, I've always thought you were incredibly delusional about your guild, the state of both TLP servers, and how/why SOE operates them. That hasn't changed, but well done on Meldrath and have fun on Vyskudra.
    Punchu likes this.
  12. Kukgrol Elder

Hey sorry if this is somehow misleading. I'm a bit confused now though because according to Citizen's website at citizeneq.com it states on page http://www.citizeneq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10

Post subject: Citizen Recruitment
    [IMG]Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

The classes we are currently recruiting are listed on the Home Page.

Citizen judges new recruits on playtime, skill and personality. We raid hard but we like to play hard as well [IMG]

You MUST be level 81

Citizen is a raiding guild, if you prefer to camp nameds, play alts, quest, or in general NOT raid, you are probably not going to fit in here.

Boy after pasting the page in it doesn't really show up unless you highlight it. But to quote it directly:

Post subject: Citizen Recruitment

You MUST be level 81

Citizen is a raiding guild. If you prefer to camp nameds, play alts, quest, or in general NOT raid you are probably not going to fit in here.

The key being 'You MUST be level 81' (I didn't make it all caps, its from your website).

If you prefer to camp nameds, etc... you are probably not going to fit in here....

And on page http://www.citizeneq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34 it says

Alts/Boxes must be no more than 1 level short of current max level to remain tagged in Citizen. When new expansions open with higher level caps, we will give a couple weeks to get there before removing lower level toons.

Again those things both are in complete contrast to what is stated above, and how we do things in Kuk Clan and on Vulak in general. We actually are ok with guildies that don't raid. We're ok with guildies that prefer to camp nameds, play alts, and all the rest. We let people join our guild even if they have no intent on raiding. We let people bring all the alts they want, regardless of level.

Clearly there's a difference. If these are not your policies, updating them, before attacking others for taking you at your word on your website, would really help keep things civil.

Also on EoE's website on page http://www.echoesofelysium.com/showthread.php?2123-Applicant-and-Member-Guidelines

Applicants

Current Requirements:

> You must be maximum level for the current expansion.

> You must have all raid relevant spells that are obtainable outside raids
    This one stating you must be max level (currently 85), and have all relevent spells obtainable from outside of raids.

and on page http://www.echoesofelysium.com/showthread.php?2748-Important-Read-if-you-re-applying-to-us.

Important - Read if you're applying to us.

Pretty big misconception going on lately with some of our apps. You're here to impress us during your app period not the other way around. Chances are if you have an attitude like we owe you or you're just being a bag in general you either won't make it in the guild or everyone is going to put you on ignore.

Also when it comes to Teamspeak don't talk non stop, chances are unless it's relevant to the raid we're currently doing no one cares.

Again, this is in direct contrast to what is stated by you, and the inference by others that 'liked' the post.

It's reasonable for people to assume that what you are stating on your website as requirements to app is what's expect isn't it ? And if it's not, please don't attack people for taking your guilds at their word by what they post on their website.

Updating your websites would help prevent this.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with how you conduct your guilds, its obviously your guild, your playstyle. But there is a very clear stated difference between how things happen on Vulak and on Fippy. And that's a good thing, since it gives informed people an idea of what suits them best.

Truly I wouldn't want a hard core raider, expecting to push content and keep hitting the same raid every day until it's beat, or to have mandatory daily raids until content is beat etc, to join us. They would not be happy.

Just as I would think a casual player would find what we offer much better suited to his goals in his EQ playtime.
  13. Kukgrol Elder

Thanks Aneia I appreciate that. It was a lot of fun for everyone who participated. Most of it is, since pretty much everyone in our guild has never done any of these events before. I don't think any of us has even seen Crystallos raid zone. And we're looking forward to it.
    Thewiz likes this.
  14. Trevalon Augur

I think its become pretty obvious that Sony really has no plans for Vulak until Fippy catches live. Despite Kuk talking about how well Vulak is doing and despite Fippy saying how bad Kuk is, it really doesn't matter. When Fippy finally catches live servers they'll merge them both into Vox and that'll be it for this round.

How long till Fippy catches live? Isn't it later this year?
  15. Jezzie Augur

I hope not, I think Vox would be a rotten choice for Fippy players. The 1 remaining raid guild just folded recently, the reason given was recruiting issues. Vox has a healthy population but it seems to be mostly casuals and f2p. Any raid guild would struggle on that server!
  16. RadarX Augur

This thread has been cleaned up a bit. To the few of you who are making alternate accounts to avoid current forum suspensions, this can be considered a violation of your Terms of Service and result in a suspension of your game account as well.

Let's keep this on topic to ensure no one else needs moderating. Feel free to PM me with questions.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

For what its worth I am proud of what your guild has been able to accomplish kukgrol.. You guys have defiantly came a long ways since EoE left the server..
    Xanadas likes this.
  18. Kukgrol Elder

Thanks Bigz thats... big of you ;) Nice of you to say. And you're not forgotten that you and a few others were kind to help us with King Odeen, that first hump to get over back with Frostcrypt flagging.

Man that seems like a very long time ago now. We really have come a long way since then.
    Xanadas and Bigz_Zupdarty like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Congratulations. With all due respect, though, would it not be more appropriate to post this information on your guild's personal website, and regularly update your recruiting thread in that section of these forums, as pretty much all other guilds serverwide do? As opposed to starting a new thread, with essentially the same topic, for each milestone?
  20. Kukgrol Elder

Since others have commented on the state of progression on Vulak, on multiple posts, it's pretty relevant to post the status of progression on the time locked progression servers forums.

It's not like there's a lot of threads here to begin with. Talking about the state of progression on our server would seem pretty relevant, and not exactly drowning out all of the other threads.

And in regard to posting each milestone, we don't. When we had beaten Breakneck, Brinda, and Bargangle over the previous couple weeks we hadn't posted a thing about it. But completing a progression portion of content, on a progression server, would seem relevant to progression server forum. Especially when the state of that progression has been misrepresented by others not actually here on Vulak.

Just out of curiosity do you play on TLP servers at all anyway ? Your tags would suggest you're on Drinal, not even playing on the TLP servers.