Krono's, are they safe to buy?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smokezz, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Stune Augur

I have 3 accounts running and I trade myself my krono to activate them to use on the stupid locked TLP servers. Otherwise if you have krono on account not active you have to login to a live server click activate to open the server up.

Fine but trading myself my own krono should not be an issue. If I trade back money to myself at the same time or items should not be an issue.

They need to make better ground rules before causing the trader and buyer issues.

If a chargeback happens and they take those items away from the buyer/trader they should honor the replacement items in exchange after a petition to the existing letter issued to the end user. Not take the items and krono away and say "OH well" the user is simply not always causing issues.

But if nobody steps up and says what happened, I am going to assume this is a rumor.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The whole situation this weekend reminds me of this:
    "Scared Straight! is a 1978 documentary directed by Arnold Shapiro. Narrated by Peter Falk, the subject of the documentary is a group of juvenile delinquents and their three-hour session with actual convicts. Filmed at Rahway State Prison, a group of inmates known as the "lifers" berate, scream at, and terrify the young offenders in an attempt to "scare them straight," (hence the film's title), so that those teenagers will avoid prison life."

Kronos are probably safe but I am being cautious atm.
  3. Rhodz Augur

First we do not know anything from DBG, not a thing and even then can they be trusted not to spin, so reports from others is all that is available and many indeed claiming bans (temporary apparently) only due to consuming a suspect krono or trading it.
    The stupidly high number of bans and odd timing support this. I am fairly convinced it was automated and just followed every trail.

Were it only a "few" then we may have never even heard anything was happening. But we know for sure it was not just a few though I am not sure of the thousands number at all, from the ruckus I would not be surprised it was that high.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ask a question, and get so many players that know what Daybreak did, what the players that got banned did, and know what the policies are. You don't know, hence why I asked.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

Amazing some of the responses here claiming to "know" exactly what happened and what to do/not do.

It would be really nice to see a red name respond in this thread, or make a post.
    Hostility likes this.
  6. Aghinem Augur

I know Kronos were a factor. I had a few guild mates who sent me a copy of their ban emails while I was investigating what the heck was going on early Friday morning, and a few showed specifically the ban reason involved a in game transaction with a invalid krono; and these were individuals who purchased TBM through the DBG website, as I had them verify their confirmation codes sent via email for the purchase just to be absolutely certain. Subsequently, there were a lot of kronos removed from the game and all unused TBM keys were invalidated.

Between the TBM key issue, chargebacks, krono dupes, heroic keys, etc etc - there were a lot of elements that played into this blanket ban. It was not just one thing; however, the TBM keys were a larger part of it.

I think an official response regarding how a charged back krono purchase would be handled for someone who already engaged in a plat transaction would be appropriate. That seems to be the chief and heightened concern at the moment because the point of Krono was to allow people to engage in a safe transaction in-game for all access days without the possibility of being scammed, like with game cards (people who give fake or used game card #'s out in exchange for plat then log - or people who take the game card # and simply don't pay). The person purchasing the krono for plat does not want to be punished because the source it came from was either from a 3rd party website, or was a charge back from a DBG website purchase. The only thing I could see happening is put a trade limiter on Krono that work like expendable item charges. Either no more than 1 to 2 trades tops before it locks. Two would be appropriate as there are times I have purchased krono for someone as a gift.
    Rhodz likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

That is exactly what I saw as well, you just took it further.
    The problem with your suggestion of a trade limit is that the device is used as currency.
    Imagine a $20 bill with such a limit, it would be worthless in that capacity.

The problem is not so much that fraud occurred, it always will if it is insisted the device remain, as the response to it was just the worst possible. Not only have they harmed the trust in this currency but destroyed the good will of many of their most loyal customers.
    Yeah aint going near a krono or Steam promo now for sure.
  8. Hiladdar Augur

Krono for in game trades should be safe. That is what it was designed to be used as, a clean way to make a transaction in game for both the buyer and seller of the krono.

A legitimate trade such as trying to trade 100k remnants of tranquility for 1 krono might trigger some flags on DGE's side, since the one of the trades will show 8k remnants of tranquility for 1 krono, followed by a bunch of more trades of remnants of tranquility for nothing. The issue there, is that unless both players do quite a bit of prep work, and include passing all the remnants of tranquility in 3 large bags, there is no clean way to make that trade since remnants of tranquility only stack to 1000. Would be nice if we as players could stack such items to 10,000 or better yet to 100,000. But that is a different issue for a different thread. But, even still, a person who knows the game can take a look at the actions of both players over a short period of time and figure out that that trade was legitimate, where a software program might flag or ban both players.

If someone is buying krono on a credit card, accepting delivery, and back charging the credit card, while taking the plat from the krono sale and selling it to a third party, depending, that is crime, and DGE should treat it as such. The severity of the crime is determined by the dollar amount of krono involved. By the way, DBG is headquartered in California, USA, and attempts to defraud or swindle from DGE can be adjudicated within either California's Criminal Courts or Civil Courts where the burden of proof is not as high.
  9. Siren Apprentice

HILADDAR!!!!! <3 Where are you playing at now days? still on bristle?
  10. Rhodz Augur

After it becomes clear that despite how safe kronos were intended and they proved to be not so safe continuing to trout their previously claimed safety rings hollow.