krono/plat dupe?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bazinga, Apr 7, 2016.

1. bazinga Elder

I'm seeing piles of krono for sale....are we in the midst of another dupe exploit....one toon on vox has 99 krono for sale
  2. Dral Elder

When free transfers were opened between Ragefire and Lockjaw, there was an exploit that would dupe items and plat. People were transferring back and forth between the two servers gradually doubling their stash. This exploit was fixed and the people that did it mostly suspended or banned.

To the best of my knowledge, Krono cannot be duped, as they are all actually individually unique. A while back there was some kind of bug with traders in the bazaar and disconnects. It would appear like your Krono were doubled, however, If you put these on a trader to sell, only the unique Krono would sell, and the duped would just sit on the trader (nobody could actually buy them). If you put them back in your Krono inventory, you could not claim them ( could not trade them to another person either).

The issue with individuals having massive amounts of Krono is related to the new TLP servers. When Lockjaw first started, I had a box team up in hate within six days of launch. I could farm about 10 Diamonds, Blue Diamonds, Jacinths, and Black Sapphires every hour. People were buying Krono from DBGs on a massive scale to get plat for basic equipment, spells and crafting. You could buy a Krono for around 500p to 1000p during the first couple weeks. If you had a box team fully leveled, you could farm about 50 Krono a day. The effect later inflated the price on rare items like Red Scales and CoFs, because people with several hundred of Krono were willing to give large quantities of them, because they had been easily farmed and no $ amount was ever really invested in them.

This phenomenon is actually what allowed the mega boxers to appear, as most of the mage boxers farmed enough items and gems in game to buy up several hundred and in some cases thousand+ Kronos.

The issue is directly related to a massive supply entering the market in a relatively short period of time (start of each progression server).

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that Krono cannot be duped.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

There was a recent Krono dupe in EQ2, and probably one around the time Kronos came out.

100 Kronos isn't close to enough to get you into the Krono high-rollers club these days. That amount is easily within range for a live server Krono flipper. Like Dral said, a ton of Kronos have been entering the game since this latest set of TLPs launched. Anyone with an ounce of sense who knows of a Krono dupe wouldn't go posting about it here anyways.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Since krono duping takes money out of DB's pocket, you can be sure if there was a duping sploit, it's been fixed, I think it took them all of a week or less to fix the other one? Not sure how long it took them to fix the one on EQ2 as Illa said, but I'm sure it wasn't longer then a week either.

Kinda funny if you think about it, we had items that were totally borked at the start of an expansion, took months to fix, but as soon as they see something that doesn't work for them it gets fixed overnight basically.
  5. Bamkan Augur

With a Dup Bug, prices go low as folks want to cash out as fast as possible. I don't see any evidence of that myself.

Krono is $12 + at a website. It used to be $7 at that same website ~2 months ago.

Erollisi Marr atm is 1.7mil the lowest price for a Krono in /baz.

To me, the TLP servers have used so much of it, which is really fantastic for Daybreak and the game, that they are pushing prices higher.
    Add to the fact that there is actually nothing for traders to trade in TBM (except for collectibles), then those traders are also buying Krono as a hold, this then puts Krono out of reach for some folks who then have to spend real money on krono from daybreak.