Krono Camping sounds interesting.. need info

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cart, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Cart New Member

How does someone go about being a Krono camper? Is there a krono guild? or even a guide? Can you be one with only duos or do you need to have 6+ computers to be a good camper?
  2. Tryhard New Member

hate to tell you bud, but anyone that knows how to do this isn't going to share it on an open forum. Otherwise there would be way more competition.
  3. andross77 Elder

I'm gonna explain it best I can figure cause I have nothing to do now that I liquidated my Phinny characters and am just waiting for Agnarr to open up. You can be a "krono camper" with 1 account or 6 accounts or 12 accounts. Obviously, if you have 12 accounts you will be able to farm stuff faster and farm harder things than if you have only 1. Since Agnarr is a "truebox server" like Phinny it means you need SEPARATE computers for each account so realistically most boxers have 2 or 3 accounts. Some still have 6-12 but those are the kind of people that haven't felt the warm body of a female their entire lives so we won't talk about them :)

Krono is purchased from DBG (the makers of the game) for $18 OR from other third-party-websites that won't be named for $8-$12. Then people trade the Krono for plat or items. When the server starts, there will be ZERO money in the economy so at the beginning 1 Krono ends up being traded for like 100-400pp (can't remember where it started on Phinny). Right now, 1.5 years later, Krono goes for around 18000pp. On Live servers that have been around for 18 years, Krono goes for 1.5-2 million pp I think.

So the way you will farm Krono on Agnarr is play a class that can kill mobs fastest (Mage, Enchanter basically; next would be Necro, Shaman) and just level the crap out of your player. Then you find camps like Hill Giants that drop between 5pp-35pp every kill. Those guys are level 33-37 in Rathe Mountains. So you could level up to 40 or so and then camp Hill Giants 24/7 and every time you get 400p or so, you go to Commonlands and buy a Krono off someone.

Another way to do it is get to the camps that have the most sought after items. In classic the top one by far on Phinny was Gold Efreeti Boots (GEBS) in Sol B at Lord Djarn camp. Some guy camped that for months and months and months and they kept their value for an insane amount of time. But basically that will be camped, in all picks, for the first 100-150 days of the server. So don't think you will be any of these neckbeards for it, because you won't. Just buy it from them or skip them until Coldain Boots come out in Velious.

Other camps are Black Alloy Medallion (BAM) in Runnyeye, Djarn's Ring (same camp as GEBS), Shiny Metallic Robes (SMR) from the Ghoul Arch Magus in Lower Guk, Flowing Black Silk Sash (FBSS) Frenzy Ghoul in Lower Guk, etc etc. So the way you become a Krono camper first is to level up fastest. And then you either farm plat by killing HG's or killing stuff that drops gems (i don't know much about this but i think in the Planes mostly) OR you sit at camps that drop rare stuff. The quicker you get these items or plat and get to the market place, the more Krono you will get.

Or you could just get a damn job and pay $18/krono from DBG and have fun playing EQ at a slower pace. But some people find their enjoyment from racing to level cap, dps racing, fighting over camps, sitting at a camp for 10-40 hours straight, etc. They are special....:)

That's as much as i understand about becoming a krono camper. I left out 25252523452 secrets of the trade because i don't know them and like the guy above me said those people won't share them because they need to pay their electric bill. Look forward to meeting you on Agnarr and grouping up to kill some orcs! :)
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  4. ChangedName Lorekeeper

Unless you are brain dead, it is the most boring thing you can do in EQ. No, I mean it. It is doing the same thing over and over. If that is your thing, go for it. I tried it, for about 36 hours.
  5. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Actually it is by far the most exciting. So much drama! So many tears!
  6. Auedar Elder

Many people will be selling krono early on in order to get trade skills maxed very early, so they can dominate a market for the first couple of days/weeks and then reap more krono in return. (Pottery for the ranged diety items, jewelry for the resist gear/hp stuff, etc)

The steadiest thing to do is do cash camps. The best thing to do is to is the gear camps. The efreeti camp will be the most contested since the common drop and the rare drop will both sell incredibly well for the entire first and 2nd expansion. So, basically, if you can't handle dps races and getting trained, don't do it. If you have a full group, and are keeping everything down, you should be fine, but then you have to split the loot between 5-6 people.

The easiest way is basically to level up a mage, then have a macro with /pet attack a_hill_giant or whatever you are after, and you can sit there semi afk while you slowly farm the loot.

There are many different methods, but lots of people very early on will be willing to sell kronos for very, very cheap, so if you are one of the first people to get to a high level, you will be able to get a few krono very easy very quickly. Another easy method is to farm tradeskill items like hides and silks for those tradeskillers who are looking to get quick levels.

You could, also, you know, get a job and have a significantly better return on investment as long as you are making at least minimum wage....
  7. Machentoo Augur

Not as exciting as pvp. Come on! You know better than this ^
  8. beepbeeptorv New Member

So, does this suggest that as a regular player and I want to camp the Efreeti boots I will be SOL due to farmers? The pick seems pointless then. Was considering coming back but not if I constantly have to compete with farmers.
  9. taliefer Augur

you just described everquest in general
    Cakekizy likes this.
  10. Snorl Lorekeeper

Krono campers honestly do us all a great service. They farm the crap out of highly sought after items round the clock providing them to the community, and farming them more and more driving the price down. Honestly I'd rather drop a couple krono each xpac on the droppables rather than spending countless hours at heavily contested camps having to roll against a bunch of other people.
    Cakekizy, Draekon and sifonin like this.
  11. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

LOL!

- Gorg
    Baselisk likes this.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

For that specific camp pretty much yes. It would be extremely rare to find a camp open in any pick. And then even if you do find one, it won't be long until you're competing with guys who will just park their 3+ mages or charmed pets on the spawn and not respond to anything you say. That said, not every camp is that way. Just the absolute highest end gear that is easily farmable by box armies. GEBS/Djarn ring and SMR are the best examples in classic. Black Alloy Medallion + FBSS can be that way to a degree although not generally as bad as GEBS/SMR. Hiero Cloak is kind of similar in kunark. Other camps are not really terrible at all. If you want those specific items when they are in their current era, you're either going to buy them from farmers or have to compete with them in almost all cases. But I wouldn't let it dissuade you from playing really. None of those items are game changing really, and there's a zillion other places to camp nice gear and gain xp. And then you can just fork over a few thousand plat if you really want the items. Or just wait until the farming frenzy dies down a bit and camp them on your own later, like in Velious.
  13. vanvittig New Member

I have bought 75 kronos from dgb now and gtg for agnarr. I just knew it was a good idea to get a job
    Tudadar and Haladan like this.
  14. Numiko Augur

Guards are a good source of cash early on, they drop weapons and shields often worth 10-20 plats.
  15. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Du er jo vanvittig :D
    Starr likes this.
  16. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

Any specific guards?
  17. Rhodz Augur

You do not have to compete with farmers for anything.
    You can just play your game and enjoy it on your own terms and you decide what your terms will be.
    A far better alternative to endless camping while watching I Love Lucy reruns (I preferred Addams Family as Morticia is just so...) is raiding once or twice a week. This leads to some fairly solid gear that continues to upgrade.
    Once the Bazaar hits in Launch+9 months filling any holes in your gear becomes rather easy for smart buyer and the plat flows for the smart seller.
    So just play the game, everything else will take care of itself without ever seeing a krono.
  18. beepbeeptorv New Member

Well, for me, sitting at a camp grinding XP with the goal of possibly getting you or your groupmates a nice drop is a huge part of playing EQ. Whats the point of playing if you are just farming plat or paying real $ for an item? There really is none for me. Very lame. I guess it shouldnt be a surprise when the company running the game is earning $ from RMTing.
    Ellis likes this.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

Krono camping is easy. You find out what people are willing to pay krono for. You then go out and obtain those items. You then sell those items to the people willing to pay krono. You then rinse and repeat.
  20. Auedar Elder

There normally isn't a problem if you have a full group of players with a decent amount of dps. The problem arises when people try to do the camp and only clear the stuff around the Efreeti without clearing the rest of the area. If you are trying to take the camp solo or with 2-3 people, which is very possible to do so, you are still going to get messed with.

People would be doing this for plat versus krono, and it's really the same damn thing since people would otherwise be selling plat on 3rd party sites for cash versus krono. It's fairly easy to play the game and just do regular grouping and get enough cash to get a krono a month if you play the group game and don't only log on to raid. If you do only raid, hopefully you have a day job where it's not an issue.

If you really want to camp these items, you can do it with a full pug group or a full guild group and do it successfully. You just can't cheese it solo/duo, and if you are complaining that you can't cheese a top gear camp solo at the launch of a server that will be fairly popular, you have plenty of over servers to choose from, or you are not in the right mindset.

In original everquest there were no picks. In original everquest these camps were locked down for several expansions by the top guild/s in order to maintain gear superiority. This isn't anything new, and it didn't affect overall game play then either. Again, if this is the reason why you won't enjoy the game overall, you are either looking for reasons to not play, or you really don't remember how "classic" everquest worked.
    Baselisk likes this.