Krono Bought via Barter Disappearing???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hora, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Hora New Member

I've had an open ticket since last Thursday without a response, so I thought I'd ask here if anyone else experienced something like this.

The situation is fairly simple. I had a barter (offline barter) setup to buy krono from anyone looking to offload quickly. Fortunately, two people did so. I got the yellow messages when I logged in saying that the transactions had happened while I was offline.

This is where stuff goes sideways. I took a look at my krono total (on a random whim) and I only had ONE krono. Weird.

I thought that was odd, so I looked through my bags... nada. I looked at my plat total... yup, I'm down 4 million plat, which is what two krono transactions would cost. But I only have ONE in inventory.

Anyone else experience something like this? Am I just SOL on getting the krono or my plat back? The fact that it's taking so long for a GM to so much as say hi on my thread is worrisome because they're normally faster.

Thanks much!
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am going to assume you petitioned about it. If not, you need to do that to get help. If you have petitioned already, be sure you answered their e-mails and then, sadly, you just have to be patient.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Hora New Member

I used the term "ticket" instead of "petition" but the result is the same... I've asked about it, but not seeing any movement. I know anything involving krono is sensitive, but frankly, I wouldn't mind just getting my 2 mil plat back.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You may want to make a new petition. There's a bug where Daybreak's automated response wants you to respond or your petition closes; so you may want to respond with additional information or a basic summary after you receive Daybreak's automated response (i.e. update your ticket).
  5. Venau Augur

Have you tried logging off then coming back on again? I've traded a krono or two between my characters and a few times it didnt show up on the receiving character until I left the game and returned. Huge ty for Culoo for his infinite wisdom in this area.
  6. Hora New Member

Haven't even received an automated response from DBG. It's now Tuesday night and still not a peep on my petition.
  7. Raccoo Augur

Did you check your spam folder? That's where mine went last time I put in a petition.
  8. Hora New Member

Finally received a reply that said I traded away one krono to a character and that's why I only had one instead of two...

... only problem is I apparently "traded" the krono to another toon....... on the same account. At which point the krono would have gone right back to the bank and it would have shown 2 again.
  9. Daedly Augur

I know this is a dumb question, but have you tried using the item find on the character they said you traded it to? Maybe it still in your bags and you just missed it.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Unless a "friend" used the other toon and in turn passed on the krono.
  11. Moege Augur

/a wild speculation appears
    Krono can be kept in a bag and not in the krono slot, they then do not get counted across the account.
    Could be that taking a krono out of the krono slot and putting it in a bag shows up as a trade in the logs

CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Moege Augur

13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not applicable directly to your situation but I also know if you go to trade a krono and cancel the trade it goes to inventory not back to the krono slot. Happened to me when trading between two of my toons.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Daybreak told you the character you traded it to was a toon on the same account?
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Unless he said you parceled it to the other character the only way to trade it to a character on the same account would be to put it in your shared bank and the character take it out. Maybe its in the other characters inventory.