Fixed Klandicar fear teleporting people

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Positive, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Herf Augur

I'm pretty sure this bug also hit Tower of Frozen Shadow, 2nd floor today. While bard pulling a bunch of ghosts, a bunch of the pulled ghosts ran away. To the far side of the 2nd floor where I could see a bunch of them running back and forth until at least a couple of them managed to get up to the 3rd floor and agro the armored suits, who came back down to the second to attack me. Hilarity ensued.

I have no idea why *I* didn't get feared but the npcs did.
  2. Meeko Developer(Code)

If anyone that has had this happen to them could post here or PM me with the character's name, zone, server, and a timestamp (or log entries) from when this happened to them that'd be helpful.
    Herf likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

Char Name: Thisonetime
    Zone: Tower of Frozen Shadow, 2nd floor
    Server: Agnarr
    Log Entry: "[Wed Oct 25 14:20:45 2023] An armored shadow tries to punch YOU, but misses!"

// this was on the 2nd floor after a bunch of the ghosts that apparently feared each other ran
    // up to the 3rd floor and agro'd the Armored Shadow, which then came down to the 2nd floor
    // after my character. Mine was about a lvl 30 toon with an OOG 65 druid for heals. I'd
    // imagine you could trigger similar behavior with a 30'ish bard running some AE songs,
    // run around the 2nd floor picking up a bunch of mobs, and waiting until one or more of
    // cast fear.

// Note: In this case it ws the ghosts who went crazy, I never got ported to anywhere,
    // but ToFS is a strange map: 5 levels all in one zone, I don't recall where 0,0 is.
  4. Herf Augur

Char Name: Bufonidae
    Zone: Plane of Time, killing Innoruuk
    Server: Agnarr
    Time: Thursday Oct 19 between approx 1 and 2pm PST. Didn't have logging on. It was a guild raid.
    // Inny would sometimes port some of us from his cubby/area to under the table at 0,0 in
    // the middle of that floor/zone. P5? We had to /rewind to get out from under the table.
    // I can't be positive but it may be that the rewind would move us back across the zone into
    // Inny's cubby/area. Either that or he summoned us back. We were sort of busy in combat
    // to compare notes. One person was ported furthest across that big room to the zone in for P5.
  5. Herf Augur

Forgot to do /reply, replying here to trigger your notifications.

PM me for any further info via email/discord voice/etc.
  6. DruidHammer New Member

Char Name: Oogly
    Zone: Timorous Deep
    Server: Oakwynd
    Time: Today Just Before Earth Time: Thursday, October 26, 2023 09:09:00

Engaged Faydedar for Pod of Seawater, final epic piece. As mentioned here fear banish to 0,0

First witnessed Sunday see ralfie87 earlier post here on page 1.
    Nyvlag and Herf like this.
  7. Sonra New Member

Char Name: Syrra (Others also ported from same raid - Gudor, Liquidreach, Aeila, Satriani, Tempyst, Boomtown)
    Zone: Timorous Deep
    Mob: Faydedar - triggered with froglok essence for pod of seawater
    Time:
    This is when it started, but Syrra was not ported this first time due to resist. Others in the raid were - I believe Gudor.
    [Wed Oct 25 00:57:28 2023] You resist *Faydedar's Dragon Roar!
    [Wed Oct 25 00:58:05 2023] *Faydedar begins casting Dragon Roar.
    [Wed Oct 25 00:58:41 2023] *Faydedar begins casting Dragon Roar.
    [Wed Oct 25 00:59:19 2023] *Faydedar begins casting Dragon Roar.

Others were ported as he casted fear each time. After he killed or ported everyone the firs time, some ran back and reaggro'd but I don't have those logs. He ported them on each fear for this too.
  8. Narcan New Member

Can confirm this Bug occd and broke my cleric epic with Zordakalicus Ragefire Teleporting important parts of groups across skyfire causing the epic to be unable to be completed at this time for me.
  9. Nyvlag Elder

I certainly hope there will be some effort made to make these people losing epic stuff to bugs whole again.
  10. Meeko Developer(Code)

Thanks for all the information.

This has been fixed internally and should go live with next month's update. The fix will be on Beta tomorrow as well.
    Pvlag, Herf, Barton and 2 others like this.
  11. Mattidor New Member

Curious why this cant just be a quick patch? Considering this bug is holding pack entire raid schedules. Punted pretty much our entire raid numerous times to 0,0 in Fear the other day on Oakwynd and it was miserable.
  12. Pvlag New Member

Char Name: Conder
    Zone: Skyfire Mountains
    Time: PST Time: October 28, 2023 07:00:00
    Cleric Epic 1.0
    When fighting Zordakalicus Ragefire, Teleporting almost everyone in the team to 0.0, resulting in the task being unable to be completed
  13. Herf Augur

14. Herf Augur

....umm, waitaminute... That means that all Plane of Time Raids for the next 2.5 weeks are broken, including the planned ones during the bonus items. Oh well, we killed Inny once with the buy, I guess we can do it a few more times.
  15. Genjo Lorekeeper

Any raid that has a fear component to it does this, which means multiple raids can not be complete. This is a big bug, why would this not be done asap.

If you play EQ, you would know how big of an issue this is.
  16. Kelsarthebard New Member

Can we please have this added in a hotfix rather than waiting for the next monthly patch. This is a huge bug and is a huge headache for folks playing on the Oakwynd server that like to do content with low numbers.
  17. TLP Addict Augur

Hotfix would be much better but in the meantime, many but probably not all encounters can be mitigated by pulling the mob to the 0,0 location where the zone/mob allows it.
  18. niente Developer

We hotfixed this today and a bunch of zones that involve NPCs who fear are being restarted. If additional zones need to be restarted please let us know.
    Herf and Meeko like this.
  19. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Meeko, Niente and team - Thank you for addressing this.
    Herf and Meeko like this.