Kick vs bash at 110 for warrior?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by TrinculoDarkblood, Feb 1, 2018.

1. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

Hopefully a stupid question with an easy answer, but (assuming fully maxed out mods) is there a clear choice between kick and bash?
  2. Herf Augur

I've wondered also about kick. I never use it. Should I?
  3. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

I've been using bash ever since sword & board became a thing (or 2 hand bash) but noticed with the Stunning Kick AA specific to kick I'm wondering if I should be kicking instead.

I figure this is easy enough to parse on a combat dummy now that we have autouse on these abilities with either a non-damage primary or just pulling kick/bash out of the parse. Hoping someone has already parsed it so I don't have to.
  4. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

Here's the info on the Stunning Kick AA. So the question really is, does bash generally do more DPS but if stun/interrupt is important then use kick? Or they're generally equal DPS but kick can stun so always use kick?

1: Cast: Stunning Kick III on Spell Use (10% Chance)
    2: Limit Casting Skill: Kick
    3: Limit Max Level: 253 (lose 100% per level)
    4: Limit Effect: Skill Attack
    5: Limit Class: WAR, RNG
    6: Cast: Stunning Kick III on Skill Use (19)
    7: Limit Skill: Kick
    This passive ability grants your kick attacks a 10% chance to strike your enemy with a stunning blow. This effect can stun targets up to level 113 for 1.0 seconds.
  5. p2aa Augur

Bash and Kick do the same dmg.
    I auto skilled Bash, and I have Bash and kick in my spam hotkey too, Bash first, followed by Kick, so that Bash always fire before kick, and if I cannot bash, then kick will fire (case of DW)
    If using 1H + Shield, Bash is making the heal proc of your shield work.
    The question of bash versus kick could be used for 2H case
    I don't know if bash still interrupt current high lvl targets, but as Bash is superior to kick for my tanking stance, and both do same dmg, I keep bash in auto skill for convenience (not going to change bash to kick when I 2H, and reverse back etc). Also kick as said has only a 10 % chance to interrupt your target.
    So my opinion is that Bash is superior to kick, mainly due to the innate heal proc of tank shields nowadays. And because 1H+ Shield remains our most important stance (we are primarily a tanking class, staying alive and keeping aggro so that DPS can kill the mob).