Keys that should have a corresponding key-achievement

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jumbur, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Carden, Mukkul and FrozenWater like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Mukkul and Paladin like this.
  3. Paladin Augur

I agree and have posted similar Threads for others.

I like the KEYS as Achievements idea, but it needs work to make it better.

The ones they added includes clear Duplication in my opinion (there was all ready an Achievement that covered the "key,' but they added a new one anyway), there are missing Achievements for quite a few keys and the listed requirement for the Achievement is badly / or poorly worded.

However, with that in mind, in reference to your posts:

Keystone --> The Achievement (Underfoot -> Missions) Hero of Brell's Temple covers this one. It's where this key is acquired.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There is a tradition for "overlap" between achievements if they are in different categories: An early example would be quests that are both covered by SoD-progression and hero's journey. Having key-achievements mentioned under the category "keys" in addition to their original listing, makes them easier to find imho.

Ideally, someone who has mastered all the key achievements should have access to every area in the game(except for places that are only open for the duration of a single quest).

There are also what I would call "soft-locks", like the Ashengate Seal: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=51994
    or Essence of the Dragon: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8431
    Keying is a "blurred" concept in everquest, and I am not sure where to draw the line.... :)
  5. Paladin Augur

The Keys Achievements under General are 'mirrored' from the Expansions they apply to. They aren't duplicated, just listed in both places.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Jumbur likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Correct! None of the keys I mentioned was previously keyringable. I think that is the reason why the devs forgot about them.
    Personally, I hope that the new key-achievement will be more "complete" than the old keyring. :)
    Paladin likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just need to make sure they don't start removing keys which are required to be on you to open doors.
  9. Mukkul Augur

Oh there's a whole bunch of keys that should be keyringable but aren't.

Keystone and Vault Key which are both for the same door in Brell's Temple.
    Jaled Dar's Tomb Key (Dragon Necropolis)
    The Mark of Justice (Plane of Justice)
    Clockwork Key (Dragonscale Hills)
    Key of Flame (Ashengate)
    Sul Vius Tower Key
    Flawless Indicolite Shard (Vergalid)
    Quintessence of the Elements (Plane of Innovation)
    Sacred Key (in The Hole)
    multiple keys in Najena

and probably more.
    Carden and Jumbur like this.