kernal32.dll error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bakkily, Nov 30, 2023.

1. bakkily New Member

So about 3 days ago, I wanted to hop onto everquest, i clicked the launch button and this error came up.

The procedure enter Point GETSYSTEMPREISEASFILETIME could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Ive tried to loook up stuff on google and youtube for about 10 hours of time and could not find anything that worked.
  2. bakkily New Member

also it says on the top launchpad.exe
    entry point not found

so im thinking maybe i need a fresh reinstall of game
    not sure
  3. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

4. Stune Augur

Angeliana likes this.
  5. Stune Augur

You guys may also have another issue in 30 days when Steam shuts down Windows 7 and 8 Support so clients will have to make shortcuts from the desktop instead of logging into steam i bet. We will see how they handle those steam users, if it effects F2P client installs.
  6. Stune Augur

I can confirm 2 things with this download. It will install new directory, transfer your old settings over and it fixes the windows 7/8 issue. It will also work for the Steam F2P version in 30 days when steam discontinues it. I would make this official for sure.
  7. Stune Augur

C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\Everquest\Launchpad.exe
    If you installed the F2P from Steam, you might need to copy, UI and character files over. Maps etc.

Hope that helps someone out there look for the directories..

Username and Password gets reset, but it stores it again at the launchpad. Whoever did this fix, high five for future support.