Keep new picks up minimum few hours

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trizek, May 30, 2017.

1. Trizek Augur

Third time in a row a pick in a not so popular zone, but occasionally gets enough to spawn a pick, shut down not even 5 minutes after it opened due to the minimum players in the base zone and pick falling below the needed numbers to spawn one.

Can we just set it so when a pick spawns it will not get shut down for a set amount of time? So when something like this happens those of us who left our base zone camp at least have some breathing room in the pick?
  2. Mwapo Augur

How are guilds going to abuse it in kunark for skargus kills then?
  3. That One Guy Augur

The new picks are pretty harsh. Forcing leveling groups out of specific camps purely because the zone doesn't have enough filler people in it.

The system only works when all of the camps in the zone are actual camps people want. The picks aren't doing what they're supposed to be. It requires way too many people to be in each pick.

It works in some zones... but in the zones it doesn't work, which is a lot, it's worse than just having no picks. It's just wasting groups time just so they get forced on top of another group in the main pick and are screwed. Because picks just aren't staying open. It's too easy to get under the threshold without any way of unlocking the pick. You can be fine on numbers, then a group wipes and oh the whole pick is screwed.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

T
    There is a new pick threshold and a minimum threshold. The minimum should be 6 people for most zones. Are you seeing zones with 6 or more closing?
  5. Rhodz Augur

Problem is when a new pick spawns no one in the full zone knows about it unless they happen to check.
    If they don't know they wont transfer so the pick closes.
    Yeah the setup could be much better, starting with a notification of a new pick being available and a minimum time to stay open. Thats just logic 101
  6. Quill Augur

I would go farther. Give a notification of a pick opening with a request sent to every person in the base zone that caused the pick to be generated in the first place.. 'A new pick has been generated. Do you wish to join this pick?' (yes/no).

Would solve a lot of issues.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

When a pick shuts down, the people being forced out of the pick (which I don't think should happen anyways) should be ported to the evac/safe spot for the zone.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

FWIW, it's not just people in the base zone that generate a new pick. It's an average of all open picks (and the base zone, of course).
  9. Trizek Augur

Yes. The zone in specific I am talking about is Highkeep. It spawns a pick when 20 people are in the zone. Lets say 8 people switch, and 12 people stayed in main. Well 1 person leaves main and brings it down to 11, and 8 still in the pick. 19 people spread out between Base and the Pick. Because of this, the pick locks and shuts down. Until 20 people come and the pick opens.

If they were to simply make it so a pick will not lock and shut down for, lets say 3 hours after it initially opens, this will not cause the up and down cycle of it closing and a new one spawning, and it closing again for those less popular zones.
  10. cilution0 New Member

I've been kicked out of a lower guk pick in a full group as we were killing lord, and also out of the hole in a full group. We were the only 6 players in the zone both times. I'm not sure why 6 can't keep a pick open? I'd understand it closing for 5. Sucks for your group to get screwed over just because some other group in the zone decides to break or wipes.