Karam Dragonforge for White Dragonscale Cloak quest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Risiko Augur

I am at 4106, 920 in Rathe Mountains looking to turn in the White Dragon Hide, Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace, and Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring to Karam Dragonforge. There is only one problem. Karam Dragonforge is not here.

I have scanned the whole zone with a druid tracker, and he simply is not spawned. Nothing online says anything about Karam having a spawn timer or that he despawns at all.

Anybody know if this quest is bugged?
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I am almost certain this was edited in a recent patch. Something may have gone haywire. Maybe we can get some kind of confirmation? I checked as well with a tracker to no avail.
  3. Catashe Augur

Funny... They "fix" him so you can do the cloak quest on live with the new turn ins when basically no one would want to DO the quest on live.. and end up messing him up on the progression servers where people would want to do the quest.... lol
  4. Risiko Augur

I talked to another person that has been trying to complete the quest, and he said that he hasn't seen Karam spawn in days.
  5. Risiko Augur

I have created an issue ticket for this on the DBG Issue Tracker site.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1183

If you are experiencing this same issue, please go comment on it to help encourage DBG to fix the issue. It sucks spending your DKP to get an item you can't turn in for anything.
  6. Uuvin Augur

I only play on Povar. 3 of us there have been trying to do this quest for months. it has finally worked for the past few days. I have lost several white dragon hides and I know I will never get them back. Catashe, you don't know everyone on live servers nor what we do or don't want to do. I first reported this issue on 11/7/2013. almost 3 years ago.
  7. Catashe Augur

Oh then what exactly do you need a cloak thats what? 40 levels out of date? only thing I can think of is if you one of the ones who stay a certain lvl to farm like naggy/vox
  8. Risiko Augur

I got a response on my petition today...

------------------------------
    Greetings Zippie,

This is GM Dunbar. The Mountains of Rathe should be repoppulating shortly. Please give the zone another look, when you get a chance, and let us know if Karam is still missing. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!
    Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    Daybreak Games
    ------------------------------

Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue. Karam Dragonforge still is not spawning.
  9. Risiko Augur

I got another response back on my petition...

--------------------------------
    Greetings Zippie,

This is GM Dunbar. I am sorry to hear that you are still not seeing Karam Dragonforge. I have forwarded your concerns to our development team. If you could please also submit a bug report at https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and our developers will take a look at this issue and make any necessary corrections as soon as possible. You will not receive a reply from our Development team, but each bug report is looked into by them.

Although this issue tracker site is the designated site for the developers to track issues; it is not linked to your game account. You will therefore need to register on the site to post your bug. I recommend not using the same User Name and Password that you use for your Daybreak play account; or any other account for that matter.
    Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    Daybreak Games
    --------------------------------
    So, now it looks like I have to wait until a developer fixes the spawn before I can do my turn in. At the rate that things get fixed, I should be able to turn in my Kunark-era quest items by the time Phinigel is caught up to the live servers.

I am very disappointed that the GM can't just spawn the NPC or at the very least give me the item and take my quest items.
  10. Risiko Augur

And, now I am being told that I can't have the item given to me because "it is entirely possilbe that this NPC is not meant to be in this stage of the progression of this server." WHAT?! Really? White Dragonscale Cloak is a result of a drop from LADY VOX. LADY VOX!!!! There is no expansion that makes LADY VOX relevant. It's original content for crying out loud. You can do a /bazaar and search to see there are TWO White Dragonscale Cloaks for sale on the server right now.

Wow... Just completely unbelievable.

-------------------------------
    Greetings Zippie,

This is GM Dunbar. Unfortunately, I am unable to force this mob to spawn, I already tried that when I repopulated the zone. If the NPC is missing due to a bug, it will have to be addressed by our development team. We do not have the capacity to simulate this turn-in for everyone on the server that wishes to complete this turn-in. It is entirely possible that this NPC is not meant to be in this stage of the progression on this server. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!
    Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    Daybreak Games
    -------------------------------
  11. Ducreux Augur

They almost certainly misflagged the NPC as live era when they were monkeying around with the quest requirements and forgot to reset it to classic before they pushed the change.

I -think- this is something that can be hotfixed much like the vendors and such that weren't spawning, but maybe not.
  12. Dhaeman New Member

I should be nice to my guildie, but this is what happens when you lose. Lol
  13. bodes Augur

After a petition led to out of era etching tools on Ragefire, I can see why they would be cautious about "just giving you the item"
  14. bodes Augur

Would also be funny if the NPC that shows up offers the later version of the quest instead of the classic one
  15. Risiko Augur

What do you mean?
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

He is still not spawning on Phinigel rendering the White Dragonscale Cloak quest unable to be completed. :(
  17. Kelandi Elder

This was patched today on Test server:

"- Karam Dragonforge will spawn correctly on servers that have not yet unlocked Secrets of Faydwer. Like Praetorian Myral, he also has returned from his beard grooming appointment."
    Risiko and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  18. Toodles Elder

- Fixed an issue where players did not receive a reduced lockout timer when they were invited to an expedition.

they also fixed this... just in time for the event to end 4 days ago