Just started on Ragefire with a rl friend

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Superbilly, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Superbilly Journeyman

Howdy,

Just started on Ragefire last night with a buddy and so far we're having a blast! We both made halflings and while I'm a paladin he went ranger...do you guys think we will have a decent experience getting groups or seeing content? He was also considering going enchanter later on but tracking/snare seems to be pretty awesome for us.

Thoughts?
  2. Cicelee Augur

Paladins can be halflings?
  3. Thegoat Elder

Terrible choices. Untwinked you will not be wanted in groups. Twinked you won't be wanted in groups. Reroll caster classes to farm up gear then make a main.

That being said, play what you want.
  4. Ducreux Augur

My thoughts, play around on Ragefire and re-acquaint yourself to EQ (if you have been gone awhile) and make plans to reroll new characters on Phinny come Dec 9th. Group options are gonna be really slim on RF for the next month or so while people gear up for the new server meanwhile Phinny will have a booming leveling population that you will likely find more enjoyable.

If you two just wanna do your own thing and play around in classic though on RF, Pal/RNG is a pretty bad combo. You CAN kill stuff it's just gonna be really slow.
  5. Superbilly Journeyman

Well we were thinking long term with our class choices since paladin gets pretty awesome later on but I'm starting to think paladin/chanter is gonna be a fun combo more so than paladin/ranger. He could charm a mob for nice dps while I tank and being able to spot heal him will be nice also.

About Phinigel...not sure we want to reroll on another server since we are already in Kunark on Ragefire and Velious is not too far off.
  6. Qelyn Augur

Paladin / druid is a pretty decent combo. Same with paladin / shaman.
  7. Lokero Elder

Paladin/Enchanter would be a pretty good duo. But, you have to remember that you'd have no snare abilities, which could be an issue.

Both classes are stun heavy, pally can rez, chanter can cast Rune to absorb damage on both characters, mez is unbeatable, etc.
    The only issue is how well you guys are able to handle charm breaks, since you'll have no snares and no super healer. Shouldn't be an issue, but just saying, depends on how well your buddy handles enchanter ;)

With enchanter slowing and mezzing and with clarity buffs, pally heals should be fine in most situtations. Plus, pally has terrible dps, so chanter haste would be a huge boon for them.

Later on, of course, enchanter can illusion buff the pally with werewolf and fire elemental DS and such also.
  8. Tronk Augur

Bard would also work, has some tracking, snares, crowd control, healing, mana regen.
  9. Batbener Augur

Paladin Ranger works just fine. Paly holds agro and heals and ranger kills . Ideal? No, but it works in dungeons and out. Both can tank if needed, and heal if needed. Once AAs are in game, you can do some fun stuff. One of the best xp groups I was ever in was 4 palys and 2 rangers, popping disc in HoH basement. The palys would group heal and do crazy damage with SU and the rangers would do their bow thing.
  10. Batbener Augur

Enchanter anything works great, and if he wants to go that route, I would try it. A buffed, hasted enchanter pet can dominate, and the LOH for those "OH " moments is great. Plus the paly is a decent healer with clarity and can even do a little damage with haste.
  11. Sagnid Augur

I am pretty sure this is just a troll thread. On the slim chance that it is not. You are not doing yourself a favor by playing on a dead that is dead on its feet.
  12. Superbilly Journeyman

Well I convinced him to go enchanter and so far the synergy is really nice :) can't wait til he can charm mobs when we hit higher level. Now we just need to find some gear I'm wearing cloth as a tank and I feel like a hobo.

Anyhow if you guys see Grodd the paladin or Vrarcaine the enchanter running around it's probably cause we are lost near the gnome newbie area of Ak'Anon :0
  13. Superbilly Journeyman

Not a troll thread by any means. Anyhow...we are quite happy here so far on Ragefire and have no desire to rush content every 3 months and besides we can vote here if want it to change.

Also whenever a new EQ expansion opens the population tends to migrate into those areas and if most people were capable of handicapping themselves and not progressing they would do it on a live server. The mere fact that TLP servers exist proves that people are incapable of holding back and want to relive those older moments for as long as possible...when you look at it that way Ragefire/Lockjaw is actually better for casuals imo than Phinigel.

Hell at the very least we have 6 months minimum to see how things pan out because the real difference is when servers start hitting Velious, Luclin, PoP etc.