Just bought new laptop. EQ screen too huge to even click play

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by YellowBelly, Apr 19, 2023.

1. YellowBelly Augur

So I just bought a new laptop and installed EQ from the official site. When I launch the game it looks like the first screen that appears is too large to even click on server select. I cant resize the EQ window to show the entire screen. Any ideas?
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

Make sure the in game resolution under display options matches your computer's resolution. I think its 1920×1080 but there should be better info if you search around in here.
  3. Bernel Augur

Are you re-using config files from a different computer? If so, they may have the old resolutions which don't work on your laptop.

Change your laptop to the highest resolution it will allow. That might allow the whole screen to fit.

If you can see the Windows bar at the top with the icons for maximize and restore down, you may be able to toggle those icons to get the window to fit to the screen.
  4. UnnamedPlayer Elder

You can change the resolution before you enter the game, from the Launcher/Patcher. On the Launcher, click "Advanced Tools" and then click on "Game Configuration" and from there you'll be able to change the resolution.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

6. YellowBelly Augur

I found the problem. I had to go into display settings on the laptop and set the system>display>scale. It was set to 150% by default. I set it down to 100% and that worked. Not sure why that was enabled as default. This was the Asus Zephyrus 14 (for anyone ever finding this post using search in the future.)
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Bless you for coming back to report the fix. Something like 3% of people actually do this. You are elite!
    Bernel likes this.