July Patch Cliff Notes: What’s Awesome This Month

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Crystilla Augur

No offense Drayze but where was it stated some of your comments (that TDS lineups were catered to using rains)? Asking primarily since it's been known and brought up to the devs when CoF was current that the rains had improper spell damage to mana ratio's. (But if anything is clear, things take a long time to get fixed.)
  2. Nenton Augur

Hopefully Dzarn completely abandons the spell focus AA concept.

The purpose was to delay spell power which equates to a miniscule AA speed bump these days. So essentially the time delay is nothing compared to the length of the expansion (or melees getting their weapon upgrades which is supposedly the comparison despite casters having to upgrade spell focuses) yet people got stuck with underpowered abilities for a year because the AA's didn't work as intended for all spells.

Scrapping the AA focus tab and putting the 5 or 6% back into the base spells to remove this unnecessary layer of complexity would be super.
    Mintalie, Xeladom, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  3. Sancus Augur

They force fed Rains into our rotations in RoF by unlinking them and making them our highest DPS spells, because they intended for us to use them. For three expansions we have been denied other upgrades because "Magician DPS is where [they] want it." In TDS, they didn't upgrade our mana pump because of rains. Now we have none of the upgrades we otherwise would have gotten (DPS bumps in other areas and mana regen increases), and we also have nerfed rains. Prior to the patch we already had worse mana usage than other casters. Now it's even more dire.
    Please find me a quote of a dev stating that "the rains had improper spell damage to mana ratio's."
    Silv, Mintalie and Borek-VS like this.
  4. Drayze Elder

Sancus pretty much summed it up before I could reply.....honestly though, if the devs believed that the damage to mana ratio was improper like you say, why not just increase the mana cost on the rain spells instead of meeting their damage making them useless?
  5. Crystilla Augur

I don't mean to be snarky, but I asked first for actual Dev statements that what has been said came from their mouths (versus players extrapolating or assuming that that was the reason).

I can't give you links because a) beta's down and b) the more recent info is under NDA (but was from last year). I can dig out logs and give you dates if you'd believe it but that's it.
  6. Gorehammer Lorekeeper

While you're at it, messing with filters and all, could you fix the text filters for Focus Effects please? Turning them off in the options menu doesn't affect it at all, as I would like to cut down on battle spam. There may be other filters still broken, too. Thank you.
  7. Dyna Elder

Maybe it is about overall game balance. You can tell when things become unbalanced as you will see more and more of the few types of characters in a game taking over as more people switch mains.
    The Mag has an awesome pet for instance that deals the damage like crazy that is a consideration. The wizard people keep comparing has a nothing blade barely worth having.
  8. Sancus Augur

Looking at most high end guilds' rosters, I don't think this point helps your argument :rolleyes:
    Silv likes this.
  9. Jordis Augur

It sounds like it means that the spells, and AA that were needed to do the current raids will be "re-balanced" so they aren't "too efficient" in the upcoming campaigns. Just like some were "too efficient" for a dusted off old Planes of Power zone and newer mobs, adventures and raids with mobs having literally millions of hp and capable of dealing out a billion points of damage in one hit.

Yay...we got some long over due fixes in the Enchanter class, in terms of AA, which apparently are supposed to balance the big nerf to group/raid dps and our redefined role as an ADPS class, not a pet class, not damage, not even slowers anymore, but ADPS. Every caster class benefited more from that one particular proc than we did as individuals. It helped our dps, no question, but nothing like it did the rest. It's showing up on raid dps now..on raids that were "balanced" to the higher end damage of Gift of Hazy Thoughts and the rain line.