Ji Ham announces EverQuest 3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by jeskola, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Anyone else running low on popcorn?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

That's so...harsh.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is your opinion but there are other options out there and any company would be silly not to review their options before making a choice.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

No I'm fairly certain we will move on and argue about something else by then.......
    Until someone brings it back up
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Easy reason why to do EQ3

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d...ars-that-means-it-is-a-successful-game/119427

People want new games, they don't want an expansion of a game 24 years ago. Especially if they just do expansions for sake of expansions. Copypasta, cut n paste.

Other games, if $$$$ is the thing everyone considered with. Which it seems like it is, but hypocrites so they only mention when it's in their favor.

EQ1 has it made over 1 billion in past 10 years?
    Nope?

Made profit but games brand is going away and your not doing anything, making tiny profits.
    Could be making 1 billion profits.

btw
    https://www.google.com/search?q=diablo 4 review google
    2.2 stars out of 5
    forums
    "Then why are they hiring tons of positions for a dead game?"

They had 9000 people work on it. And its a dead game?

You got people whining about dev's, lack of dev's.
    9000 people working on a game and it's dead in a year. But they made over a billion. So dead and highly profitable.

Since many here are worried about if they are going to profit rather than make a good game.

Sure if they do EQ3 easy profits. easy $$$$$
    I'd like EQ3 over nothing, preferably good game. But anything is better than nothing. EQ is OLD, even with 64bit and UI upgrades. OLD. OUTDATED.

You don't have lack of dev's. Lack of vision is what this game/brand has.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

In the absence of fact, we'll argue over fiction!
    jeskola and Nennius like this.
  7. Rogean Lorekeeper

Unity is coded in C# but they have an internal compiler called IL2CPP that converts it to C++.

I'm not too up to date on what engines use what language but I'd be surprised if any game actually runs C# compiled directly. It has way too much performance overhead to use as a game engine.
  8. Sakuraba Augur

Skimmed the topic, but if this is actually happening, that could be interesting. It won't be the same as EQ1 and EQ2 for sure, but it'd be a fresh start and possibly a fresh take on lore too so eh.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Which is more likely? Ji Ham announces EverQuest 3 for real, or starts a podcast named "Hamming it up with Ji Ham"?
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dayum, that's a tough one, the odds-makers would all have headaches trying to price that too.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

UKK and SB in one thread? I need to go back and read through this one.
  12. Slasher Augur

You do know they already have a game engine they developed and used for several other games including planetside 2 and the failed landmark/next right ? And last time i looked PS2 is still getting updates to the game including DX11 support. Forgelight was actually designed for MMOs.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

The problem with user ratings is they are extremely vulnerable to review bombing without huge sample sizes, and that's an extremely small sample size for a multimillion selling game. And no, review bombs are not typically actual thought out reviews.

I don't even play Diablo but that's really not a good point.
  14. Slasher Augur

Probably make more doing that :)
    mercury890 likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent