Jboots

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Black777, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Black777 New Member

Just coming back to EQ and playing on a live server, but wondering about an old quest.
    Hasten Bootstrutter , is this still a quest for jboots ? Thought it might have changed and although searching the web and forums , all ive found is outdated basic info .
    I know ive been searching for him at the Rathe mnt area and even running the loop thats listed for his track i seen posted on the web, but after a week im thinking its bugged or the time has changed or who knows.
    Even killing place holders or ones i know about but still seen no trace. Just wondering if anyone has any updated info, because my guy would like to have a clickie with that buff , but so much has changed and up to date info seems to be slim on certain things because of the age of the game or player base idk.
    Any info?? thanks
  2. Black777 New Member

Oh and ive been looking for a week now and quite a few hours of time , so not like its only been a couple hours and i expect instant find , but a week , im starting to think somethings changed.
  3. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

You're doing Jboots yet playing on live? You sound like a Coirnav player that just doesnt know it friend
  4. Black777 New Member

No im playing on bertox . I just remember these from long ago and like the nastalgia , but came across the ancient cyclops when i was lvling my guy and it spurred a memory , so i figured ide go looking . Why is that a crime or something to wanna relive something? I mean if you dont have info then dont bother replying.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  5. So Happy Augur

He still spawns or did at about 6 weeks ago. Don't forget the silly No Rent , shadowed rapier and the 325 pp. Best bet is just waiting for him at the opening of the valley and kill the PHs to speed spawn time. Could also kill HGs for cash while you wait.
  6. Black777 New Member

Thanks yes ive been doing that and have all the items except once the game timed out and i lost the no rent rapier and had to go get another one , but i thought the gold Hasten wants is 3250? Its not a problem cause i brought enough gold but still no luck with him spawning
  7. So Happy Augur

They changed it ages ago so he will take 325pp. I believe he still takes 3250 gold also.
  8. Black777 New Member

Thats so cool i didnt know that ty. So much has changed and ive been away very long. MANY xpacs behind on whats added and changed so all new to me by far.
  9. Yruc Augur

you have to kill his placeholder.

a drake
    a grizzly bear
    Maldyn the Unkempt
    Brother Zephyl

The place holders are on a 6 min or so spawn. So if you kill one of these mobs (there are only 1 of these up at a time and they roam that path) another place holder or Hasten will spawn. If the placeholder is not killed, the placeholder will wonder that path for about 4 hours then despawn and the next placeholder will spawn.

Brother Zephyl will be the hardest mob on the list (level 60 and hits pretty hard)
  10. Otiswar New Member

I do old quests for nostalgia all the time. Do I need Jboots? No. But I did that quest level 70 something when I first returned to the game for the fun of it. People play for different reasons. As long as it's fun, that's all that matters.
    Quatr likes this.
  11. Scorrpio Augur

Yeah, I ran all epics for all my box toons, even though their epics are useless now. I did however run the quests for the epic ornaments. The chanter snake stick is the best looking mainhand for a chanter, IMHO.
  12. Finfan Augur

I think I saw you the other week while I was mugging the hill giants for their lunch money. I tend to do a /who when I am in old world zones just to see if anybody else is there.
    Shanarias likes this.