Jann's Veil question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Kiras Augur

Okay, so I love the benefit from Jann's Veil. I don't generally like illusions and don't want the illusion part.Clicking the veil casts both illusion and the illusion benefit. I can click off the illusion at that point, and keep the benefit. So far, so good. But it's annoying to click off the illusion every time I want to cast the buff.

If I buffblock the illusion, nothing at all lands on me when I click the veil.

I'm not too used to working with illusion buffs (other than the various form of X AA). Is there some trick I'm missing here to remove the extra step of clicking off the illusion while getting the benefit?
  2. Nniki Augur

No trick available to work around that, unfortunately. If there is an illusion you prefer or if you have one with the same race as your character, you could always set the veil as the stat illusion and click that illusion, but otherwise, you're stuck with clicking the illusion effect off.

Fortunately, the benefit from the veil is permanent unless, of course, you have something that overwrites it on occasion.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Very simple fix. I'm already a Wood Elf, and did the Wood Elf illusion quest a long time ago to be funny. I buff blocked Illusion Wood Elf and just dragged that clicky (straight from my keychain) to a hot bar that I can click for when the Jann Veil effect is overridden by some mob cast spell. No illusion sticks, just the Jann Benefit.

Just pick any old illusion to block you have a clicky for.
    Greymantle and snailish like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

I'm guessing they set it up so the illusion spell triggers the buff spell and not the other way around like they should have.

Edit:
    Looking at the spell data I don't see any mention of buffs associated with the illusion.
    Illusion Greater Jann

Description