Jam Fest (might need Dev review)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Vengaz, May 23, 2017.

1. Vengaz New Member

Last night I purchased the EoK ranks of Jam Fest. Prior to their purchase, I recorded the damage caused by my chants, insults, and the HP/mana regen given by mana song. After purchase there was literally zero improvement in their values. They stayed the same. Granted, I didn't test every song, but it certainly appears that the EoK ranks are not adding value. The AA description itself is a bit odd. Have other bards had any success in seeing song improvements after buying this AA? If I'm not alone, would love for a Dev to take a quick look just to make sure the AA is properly working. Thanks!
  2. Derd Augur

Worthless aa line, never has been worth buying. Won't be changed, sorry.
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Hey,

I think Jam Fest decreases your resist chance and fizzle rate, but unfortunately the level related improvements in song stats stopped at level 65 (afaik). I don't even know if they work this way at lower levels any more or not, but it used to be like this -

Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity
    BRD/32
    2: Increase Mana by 1 (L32) to 8 (L49) per tick

So in much older content, getting Jam Fest meant you might see an early upgrade in your song stats. If you are already high level, you don't get a benefit because the song stats don't scale beyond level 105 (maybe not even 65).

For the extra resistance, say you are debuffing a level 108 mob with a level 105 song. With Jam Fest 5 (+7 song casting level), it works like it's a level 112 song. This increases your chance of landing the spell (see this thread about spell resist). It helps us land mez I suppose but is pretty limited in use. Would be great to see this AA get reworked in the future. :)