It's ok to be mad

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Name2, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Name2 Augur

Anger is the second stage in the 5 stages of grief. It's healthy to be angry and it's a necessary part of healing while grieving the loss of your memory of EverQuest. Soon you'll reach bargaining. If Daybreak just does x then it will be ok. When you realize that Daybreak has no intention of doing x, you will reach depression. It will be hard. But then you'll accept the reality of the situation, and you'll be ok. You'll be able to accept the game for what it is and play it, or you will be able to happily move on.

[IMG]
    https://www.psycom.net/depression.central.grief.html
  2. Tigol New Member

You must not have a character on Aradune.
  3. Name2 Augur

Sure don't. I've been away since Fippy, came back to try boxing on Rizlona, but decided not to seeing the state of the game. I'm still bordering between depression and acceptance. Sometimes I feel spiteful or vindictive. That's why I'm even still on the forums, it's helping me deal with it. But it's getting easier day by day not to check them and not to really even think about it. It's equatable for me to a bad break up, but it's getting easier to move on, realizing this isn't the game I knew or remember so fondly from when I was younger.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

How has the state changed from Fippy to Riz? Genuinely curious
  5. Rebelicious Augur

Ehrm, once you're actually able to get in game and play it's still awesome fun. Probably due to the coronavirus lockdown, an unprecedented number of players are trying to log into Aradune, way more than ordinary straining the existing hardware of the server... it'll settle down in a week or 2... that said, I still positively enjoy the game... even on Aradoom... it's the long queues that piss me off. Once I'm in I'm elated. Imo, you should try playing a bit and stop grieving over nothing. Unless you're waiting in queue, then ya... I'll cry with you /pats back.
  6. Name2 Augur

A few key areas come to mind. First, quality of the service. I don't remember daily server crashes like I've read about for the Mangler server being a thing. If nothing else, the game was stable and you didn't really have to worry that the server might come down mid raid. Reading about how badly the recent server merges were botched adds to that. Even the forums are slow. It all just feels second rate.

Second, quality of the community. I remember a concerted effort among TLP players to work together on discussing rulesets for the Fippy server. It felt healthy and it felt like people were engaging with each other with a common goal. What I see now combing through this section is a polarized community where everyone just wants to be right, with little thought for other points of view.

Third, it doesn't feel like the people running the game have a pulse on what their players want. Back then, they made heavy use of their polling system to get player input. Sure, that had problems, but they were actively engaging with the player base. Now they are much more reactionary. They make decisions and then reverse course when there's enough of an uproar. It stinks of incompetence at best.

Maybe it's rose tinted glasses, maybe I've changed and I'm interpreting the same things differently. I was excited to give it another go when I heard that there was a new boxing server that I'd be able to kill some time with while this whole pandemic thing was happening, but seeing how this all has played out has left a really sour taste in my mouth, and I've had to face the realization for me that future progression servers aren't going to be a thing. And it's felt like a loss, because despite not playing while I was getting my life together, I remembered playing fondly and thought a future server sounded fun. The reality isn't living up to my memory. I guess it's true, you can't go home again.