It's October.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinkeh, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Zinkeh Augur

I've noticed the horribly ugly pumpkin themed ornaments are in game now on Yelinak, but where are the really cool and detailed "Grim Nightmares" sets that have always also been featured in October?

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=138483 The 1HS sword alone is pretty awesome but the various items are really neat lookin.
  2. Herf Augur

I'm still holding out for Turkey items. Drumstick weapons decorations; turkey mounts, turkey familiars.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

Those too! I am still having fun in eq but honestly, I think they've got half the game on scripts that unload X store item at X time. Perfect example being Yelinak with it's weird timeline has literally only had ONE racial crate available since server launch......like where are the kitty crates, where is the fairly levi illusion? It's like the server is on autopilot.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Brontus EQ Player Activist

It's October and still no Halloween themed events for new TLP servers...

In days of yore from 1999-2003 there were live events and quests throughout Norrath. There were alternate Halloween themed data sets, spooky skies, undead every where. Today? Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

The only scary thing that happens on a TLP is the Jack-O-Lanterns and scary vibe in the character select screen. Talk about a massive let down.

How hard would it be for the devs to place a few pumpkins and some scarecrows in each major city, POK and in the CL tunnel? We've got the gnome anniversary quest on all TLP servers, so why not other events like Halloween? Holiday events are standard fare for MMOs these days. Why can't we have this on TLP servers?

I tried to buy some pumpkins in the cash shop so I can get in the Hallween spirit and place pumpkins throughout Norrath, but after I purchased the item that summons pumpkins I found out it has a 30 minute cooldown. Why would a dev put a 30 minute cooldown on a summoned pumpkin?

How many years do you have to play on a fresh start TLP to experience Halloween AKA Nights of the Dead content?
    Herf likes this.
  6. Zinkeh Augur

Ah they may have changed something. I bought the nightmare shield and sword for my SK on 2 different TLP's across the years and it from from the DB store during October while the other Halloween themed stuff was out.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

no your right, it does show it was in marketplace back in 2015 but I just figured they moved it to Overseer now.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I had a couple extra overseer ornamentation dispensers so I click one and there is a Vampire selection and the Nightmare selection

[IMG]