Issue with monster mission character classes not showing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tarelinu, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Tarelinu New Member

Suddenly yesterday went to do an OMM monster mission and the character select window didn't pop up to chose a class. I then said "story" to old man mckenzie and the character window popped up but with Warrior as ONLY choice to select. I camped, reloaded EQ still same thing. I have ran many missions and never had an issue before, night before it worked in fact. Any idea what has gone wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Nolrog Augur

It's an issue with the window size, you need to expand it. However, the spot where you can grab it and resize it is very very small, so it's hard to do.
  3. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Is there any section on the .ini files that can be modified/removed to fix this? having the same issue on a char, and no matter what i try to drag, i can't make the full window reappear.
  4. Syrup Augur

This is indeed an issue with resizing the window.

But... it's not the actual window that pops up, there are 3 windows WITHIN that popup window.

If the only option shown is warrior (which is the issue i have run into with boxes) then you need to try and resize the boxes inside of that window that pops up (try to resize the inner box left and right)

I hope this helps, if you're still having issues please respond and i'll post a few screenshots of how/where to adjust that window.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I am well aware of the 3-windows issue and how they overlap... still unable to "drag" the right one
  6. Etherya New Member

This is a bug. Same thing happened with me. Only option is warrior. I resized the three windows and I still don't get a class option for the monster missions. Devs should change the UI so it doesn't require resizing... in the meantime /petition.
  7. Tarelinu New Member

Petition wasn't getting me anywhere and it happened to a second toon, so I sat down and fixed the issue myself, will post it here so if anyone needs this issue fixed they will now know how to do it.

I suspected the fault was in my ui_charctername_server.ini file so I copied my UI_Tarelinu_rathe.ini file to another place and then renamed the UI_charactername_rathe.ini ( which was the toon on same account that was working) to Tarelinu, logged back in and it worked my character selection window is showing me all the characters to chose. I really did not want to rebuild Tarelinu's UI so I investigated further to figure out what lines may be messed up within the file.

I figured out which part of the UI file pertained to that window, it was the TaskTemplateSelectWnd area I copied the few lines that followed that header from xyz to tarelinu and now it works again.

Hope this info helps anyone else with this same issue.

Tare
    Treage_Imminent likes this.