Is there credible TLP news? (serious)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Apr 2, 2022.

1. mark Augur

greatest pvp was halo the original 3 xboxes and 9 controles at my bachelor pad 20 years ago ,pool parties and bbq everynight in the hot australian summer and killing a brown snake in rl once in a while.
  2. Enuen Journeyman

Over/under on info dropping today?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Should be today. :)
  4. Haak Augur

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Forums tend to make up a minority slice of the overall community of any game, so holding information back just reduces the chance that the infrequent visitor who isn't posting here on the daily gets access to it. The sooner they release information, without it being so long that people forget and move on (hey Pantheon!), the better.
  5. Yarteb Elder

Going to guess 4/20 we hear word of the new server(s). That would be 5 weeks before 5/25 when I expect the server(s) will open.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Realm versus Realm in the end boils down to team Player versus Player.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a very large over-simplification.

RvRvR when done the way DAoC did it actually meant the game world itself was built completely differently to the way EQ was, the way that zones were positioned & fit together in the world & the way you moved from place to place was all a part of that RvRvR design - and really any game attempting to have good RvRvR would need to emulate that design aspect very heavily.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree but it was still designed around Player versus Player combat and it is is disingenuous to try and claim it isn't PvP
    Skuz likes this.
  9. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

We're proud to announce that the new names and rulesets will be: Vaniki, a Level Locked Progression server, and Yelinak, a more traditional progression server similar to the rules for Mangler. We're planning on unlocking those servers on May 25, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. PDT.*

I just threw up in my mouth
    Typhus likes this.
  10. Corydon Augur

I loved M59 but it surely was not the best PvP. I liked the idea of controversial gods though like Sha-Lill enforcing peace on a zone for a while and the whole Sha-Lill / Qor karma thing. I was mainly Faren though and burned the skin of my victims to the bone. Took quite some herb grinding. Oh the memories...
    Hirbow likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How did that taste? Enquiring minds need to know.
  12. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Mix of lemon juice, some chili, two strawberries chicken noodle soup, and a half pint of gin.
    Skuz likes this.