Is there a problem with EXP?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arraden, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Arraden Augur

Just seems a little weird?

Some are getting very little exp on missions / HAs, some are getting a lot more.

Merc AA bar doesn't seem to be doing much eitheR!

Any other experiences on experience?
  2. Bay12345 New Member

i seem to be noticing the same thing
  3. Sad Panda Elder

It is all messed up and eq is not fixing it til monday. they thought it would be better to take the weekend off and fix stuff monday.

oh, hybrids lose 7-8% exp from death even with 96 rez. they know about it, but cant seem to fix it till they get back to work monday.
  4. Tyreel Augur

Are you sure you(they) have Fellowship Experience Sharing disabled. In my experience so far every person this has been the case aside from death bugs.
  5. Arraden Augur

Followship exp is off :)
  6. Bay12345 New Member

yes... its not fellowship exp.... when a mob dies it tells you if you're getting fellowship exp..

There is a glitch with exp for sure.
  7. Arraden Augur

Had an instance of getting 0exp for 5 kills and then on the sixth, it jumping up 2%
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

XP in EoK zones is less than before (per mob), XP in RoS is "acceptable" but still not much.
    I guess that's all part of the plan to make this little "expansion" last a few months...
    So yes i think there is a "problem", but an intended one.
  9. Arraden Augur

I'm also not getting merc AA exp anymore :-(
  10. Arraden Augur

11. Razorfall Augur

getting 15% AA exp per kill in chardok library

AA Exp

AA EXP
  12. Arraden Augur

So, a quick update - after gaining 44% of a "purple" coloured Merc AA exp bar, it then flipped back to yellow - set at 1%.
    That was after around 300 kills...

I'm now at 5% Merc AA exp, after a lot of killing.

I note that others are having this specific issue on merc aa exp and there's another thread just started on here about it.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

There are two things here, and they're mixed up - with both there is a "problem" (from a player perspective) while (from the Dev's perspective) it's probably a "fix" to the AA-cap problem.

First there is the problem with the Merc-XP.
    That it "purples out" and one's not getting any or not as much as one "should" (or is expecting).
    As far as i know (not bothering to look through the bug threads for the response), they've acknowledged this as a bug and it should get fixed "soon"(tm).

On the other side, there is the "problem" with regular or AAXP, which isn't coming in as quickly anymore (especially when we talk AAXP per mob, that's the easiest to spot but XP is XP...) as it used to.
    Now, if you ask a Dev about this, then they will probably say "we changed nothing".
    Yet, once more, on release of a new expansion they've reduced the XP from mobs in the former.
    Whether that's done by lowering ZEM or something else i cannot tell.
    What i CAN tell though is that a level 105 character with maxed vitality got the (capped) 5AAs per giant before release for a while and now he doesn't.
    Neither are, of course higher level characters getting as much XP from those mobs anymore, even though one AA is a fixed amount of XP (the amount of XP to levle from 50 to 51 or 51 to 52 - something like that) that does, contrary to regular XP, NOT scale with levels.

As before, i am sure that - if we get a Dev statement on this at all, they will say "nothing's wrong, nothing was changed".
    While we can tell empirically that something must've been changed.
    It's their word against our experience, literally.

To me, this is simply their (silent/unsaid) "answer" to the AA-cap problem we've been running into.
    That thread probably prompted them to not - as was expected - raise the "threshold" but - as noone expected but they like to do so much - nerf the mob-XP alltogether.
    Even a RoS mob, even though higher level and higher difficulty so that it should, by conventional wisdom, also give more XP per kill than an EoK one, is much lower than expected (measured in AAXP).

So yeah.. there IS a "problem with EXP" - if you ask a player.
    If you ask a Dev, he'll probably say "everything working as intended".

But why do people act surprised?
    People bring up stuff in a support forum expecting things to be fixed when they should know that the most likely outcome is just another nerf to something - if lucky, at least a nerf to something related as in this case. It's also customary that XP in older expansions is toned down - no surprise there, since the move (even though it's been actively denied for TBM when EoK came out - they lied and we know it) is a known one.
    In the end, XP is still "too plentiful" that we're finished leveling and getting from max EoK XP to max RoS XP in a matter of days or weeks, not the months they WANT us the expansion to last.
    Just as with the artificial hold-ups in the form of required seals per tier before you can request the next tier's raids, reduced amounts of XP is their idea of "customer service", because it makes us "enjoy" the expansion longer.
  14. coroki Journeyman

I am having issues with this as well. Used to get great xp in FM. Not anymore.
    Mobs red to my 91 Monk and he's hardly moving.
  15. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Is your 91 monk grouped with 110s?
  16. Arraden Augur

Shouldn't matter - can group with 30 levels higher - it's the amount that gets shared, but still get EXP
  17. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Yes, my point is that in FM with 110s the exp will be substantially lower then in FM with 105s for the 91.
    Arraden likes this.
  18. Arraden Augur