Is the update to EQIM still being worked on?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rafather, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Rafather Augur

EQIM worked up until the hack 2 years ago. After that a dev commented on building a new update to EQIM to bring it inline with the rest of the updated security. Is this still being worked on or has it been mothballed? I would really like to see it come back and be able to talk to guildmates and friends while off line.
  2. Savager Augur

Stop watching eagle cam and log in bro
    Luft likes this.
  3. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

EQIM was kinda fantastic. ;)
  4. Piestro Augur

There are no plans for this at this time.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

i enjoyed eqim
    Reht likes this.
  6. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

What would be the possibility of making it Open Source and letting the community come up with something?
    Mykaylla, Panache and Synisca like this.
  7. Synisca Augur

Great idea! I loved eqim and I would love to work the project.
    Panache likes this.
  8. Panache New Member

I also loved EQIM and honestly, I love the idea of it being Open Source and letting the community come up with a workable model! Like Synisca, I'd be more than happy to help however I could! I don't know how it would tie into the new security measures, but having software that would work on phone OS platforms would be fantastic! That's what we all want anyway....communication with our EQ community at our fingertips!
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Ronak Augur

This is as unlikely as the revamp of the EQ Players website actually being completed. Sadly.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

EQIM wouldn't be made open source as it would be a larger security risk than EQIM & Station Launcher Chat were; that is why they were discontinued with the Hack.