Is the PVP Server Dead?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Trammie Surprise, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Trammie Surprise Apprentice

Back when I played on Vallon Zek many moons ago it was so fun having our Racial enemies raid our home zones and having massive guild fights for rare world spawns. Does this experience exist anymore on any server or is it something I won't find again?
  2. Fluid Augur

Just my op, but the cheats that were prevalent led to the PvP servers being pretty much abandoned. It really became pointless to play there unless you wanted to get into a contest to see who was the best cheat and risk getting your account banned.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

There are other reasons. Mob HP has ever been way more than players and player DPS reflects that. Top tanks in game have about 300k hp and many classes can sustain over 300k dps. From early days, every ability/spell had to be tuned specially for PvP and lits of things tended to fall through cracks - with players quick to pick up. It has always been a mess.

PvP scene has also ever been crippled by inability to use AoE (you would wipe your own tank/melees)

PvP servers have also ever had the most toxic newbie areas, often massively discouraging newcomers within 5 minutes of trying.

My guild lasted for 2+ years on RZ, but when server moves were first allowed in Luclin era, we moved wholesale from Rallos to Xev and never looked back.
    Shanarias likes this.
  4. Shanarias Augur

FINALLY, an honest description of PVP servers in Everquest! Thanks for posting that.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

TBH this is it..... talk about mob HP all you want but outside instances (why would or should you even be in one on a PVP server???) you were "that special 3rd party program" bait.....