Is TDS Unlocked?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Carv, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would probably feel more motivated if they would let me request the missions(when I get to them) as a solo player.

Not everyone has a box-crew handy for dummy-group-members.

Requiring more than one person to request quests/missions is a stupid limitation imo. I think I have earned the right to die alone in those. if I feel like it. :(
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Claudi Elder

it takes 30secs ? 1 min? to unlock the zones - do it!
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Is there some exploit happening? :eek:

I really doubt anyone can complete tds-progression that quickly?
  4. Monkman Augur

I think they are referring to DBG unlocking them.

As for TDS progression... at 110 it is probably some of the shortest progression in the past 4 expansions if you’re just looking to access the zones.

The merc tasks can be lengthy but again are not required to unlock zones

Do the progression. Ignore the people who say caverns of endless song is terrible (it’s not that bad).
  5. Claudi Elder

yeah I actually was talking about DBG unlocking it ....
  6. Aamonn_Erollisi New Member

It can NOT be done in a 'few hours' or 'a couple hours'. Just running around in each zone and waiting for the boats will take much longer than that by itself. Then there are re-spawn timers, etc. Stop trying to dumb-down the progression. As a returning player, I did this a month or so ago on two toons - 110 Rogue and 110 Ranger. They both have EoK chase weapons, so my DPS is pretty solid and especially with humanoid targets. Getting flagged to Combine Dredge took around 10-12 hours of play time? Might be longer as I didn't keep track. But it took the good part of a weekend either way..
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Elskidor like this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

We are still a couple of years from the TDS being progression unlocked. The TDS content became free after the release of RoS. They do not unlock the progression until like 2 years or so after that.

The progression is locked so that those who are completely free will still have things they 'need' to do in order to access the top end of the content they have available to them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Goodn Augur

You are wrong. TDS expansion became available to all during EoK.

TBM should have become available on the release of RoS, but did not...prompting many threads you can see in the archives.

Based upon the schedule of zone unlocking, TDS was due to unlock after RoS opened...but did not...hence the entire purpose of this thread.
  9. Elskidor Augur

No point in arguing with those without a concept of time. A few hours to some night mean 10+.
  10. segap Augur

The actual tasks required to progress from zone to zone are quite fast. Merc tasks like those on Thuliasaur Island, which can take a long time, are not required. Spawn times for quest mobs in the required progression tasks are quite fast. They also give no experience because of that. I'll admit that the tasks might take a bit longer for those that have never done them and don't have much knowledge. Yet I do recall only spending about two hours per zone when it was current content (fully group geared at that time and not yet 105).

Boats? You'll spend more time hitting your hail key than waiting on a boat.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've got the alts as far as Endless Song, now I really need TDS unlocked as I hate that zone so much.....

Anyway back to Lceanium to finish leveling the alts and try and get my final collectable from giants for my main. :(
  12. fortuneteller Augur

If I should guess, I would say it takes around 20 hours.

Some Things, will be easier with the right class, some stuff can be frustrating, and here I am not talking about hailing things, and thats some frustrating thing.
    After you done, you really wanna bash some overpowered monsters to get your aggression out of the way.
  13. Kolani Augur

The hardest part of TDS progression is making sure your H key doesn't wear out the approximately 4,556,739,824 times you have to hail Firiona, Dabner, Ognit, Una, Lanys, Lyriae, Galeth and Thubr.
    Yinla and Fanra like this.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The April 13, 2011 patch notes said that:
    According to that schedule, in April 2018, The Darkened Sea should have been unlocked.

If Daybreak has changed the policy, it would be nice if we got an announcement (unless they did one and I missed it).
    svann and Felicite like this.
  15. Password1234 Augur

I think "open" refers to expansions becoming available for f2p players as opposed than newly released expansions. The problem is that TBM was supposed to "open" when RoS came out but never did, which means that TDS zones won't unlock. To make things more confusing, the AA autogrant moved up an expansion (to CotF) even though nothing else moved at all. Daybreak has been avoiding answering questions about this ever since RoS came out.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I'd just like the raid flagging removed.

I'm sure we could casually smoke a ton of raids in there, but the flagging with an ever revolving door of attendance makes it not worth fussing with unless the flagging to zone up requirement is removed.
    (hours in the day problem, there are lots of other things casuals want to hit)
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Nope, the open refers to key and flagging requirements to enter zones.

See: http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Zones#Keys.2C_flags_and_zone_level_requirements

I haven't checked but Rain of Fear zones should have been unlocked in April 2016, Call of the Forsaken zones should have been unlocked in April 2017. The Darkened Sea should have been unlocked in April 2018 and this thread is about how it has not been.
  18. Password1234 Augur

Going by what you quoted earlier:

"Zones with key or flag requirements will now unlock themselves automatically when later expansions open"

You're saying that this should mean that zones with key or flag requirements will now unlock themselves automatically when later expansions also have their key and flagging requirements removed? I'm afraid that I don't understand.
  19. Thrillho Augur

For those who aren't min/maxing, there are still viable augs in this expansion. The power sources are certainly still viable - I use them often, but mostly because I'm cheap and don't want to burn through my RoS ones as quickly.

The progression isn't difficult to do for the right classes (I would imagine a cleric would have a more difficult time doing it than a ranger, for instance). Each zone would only take a couple hours on average, solo. If you have other folks with you, it certainly speeds things up. I know people who still run their alts through the progression for heroics, so it might not be difficult to find someone interested if you ask in guild / general.

Having said that, it would be nice to open these zones up. They're old enough, and to run through all of the progression to get to a camp or two in Arx for an old aug is asking a lot. Those chasing the heroic AAs don't need earlier access either.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Daybreak (well, really SOE) meant when expansions are "released", not "open".

Please check out this link to see how it all began on April 13, 2011 and continued for years.
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Zones#Keys.2C_flags_and_zone_level_requirements

Before then, some were opened based on level. However, after April 13, 2011, SOE announced the policy that every April the next expansion in line would be unlocked.

I don't know why or whatever reasons April was picked and why the keys and flags were removed but that is what they said.
    Felicite likes this.