Is Oakwynd Already a Ghost Town? My First TLP Experience is a Major Letdown

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gareldar, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

QFE

Oakwynd has been fun for those who want the experience Oakwynd offers.

Those who want to see [server] fail will make up any reasons why it is or should or will be no matter what the reality and often without even playing on that server themselves.

I never understood why people want to say their way of having fun is the ONLY way and anyone having fun where they dislike is wrong and should be vilified. If [server] or [game] is not what you want for your own fun, don't play there. But you don't need to rain on the fun of anyone else to justify your own decision.
    gunstar and TacoTime! like this.
  2. Gio1999 Augur

How is a level 14 warrior complaining about gear hoarding? Like how is that s factor? Are you expecting handouts?

One of my pet peeves is when someone says "well that's a fine way to welcome someone back that hasn't played in 20 years." Get off it.
  3. code-zero Augur

The people who come here and don't play the game, some I suspect of never really playing the game, are rather amazing. I recall seeing assertions about FTE that blatantly contradicted the announcements about how it would work by people who in other threads then said things like, "I'll not be playing on TLP again this year", so fact is they know nothing about Live or any TLP ruleset though I suspect some may be on P99 but they may not even be welcome there
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I had fun tonight with a couple of old friends. Nothing serious, but definitely a balm. I'm an annual subscriber so DPG got nothing new out of it, but I definitely appreciate the opportunity to reconnect with them.
  5. Ratonga_in_EQ1_When? New Member

Here's my take, in a sort-of tongue in cheek light RP:

Oakwynd:
    Graash heard a yelp and the ground shook behind him. A young ogre shaman, almost dead, appeared to be running away from several gnolls outside of blackburrow. As a fellow ogre, Graash stood there and watched the poor young shaman die because the gnolls were encounter locked and Graash was a warrior.

Every other TLP:
    Graash heard a yelp and the ground shook behind him. A young ogre shaman, almost dead, appeared to be running away from several gnolls outside of blackburrow. As a fellow ogre, Graash let loose a mighty bellow at the gnoll closest to the young shaman, taunting it to attack him, then waded into the other two gnolls swinging his club to crush their skulls. The young shaman escaped and Graash offered a quick prayer to rallos thanking him for the battle. No ogre would flee before a gnoll while Graash lived! Baring his fangs at the trembling young shaman, Graash returned to his previous fun of bashing skeletons with his club while looking for the annoying gnome which had killed him some 20 levels ago.

The first one doesn't feel like everquest and as people discover this, they depart.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. gunstar Apprentice

There are TONS of QoL changes that make the game "not feel like EverQuest" but you draw the line at not helping some random guy.

Want to know what I like? I've never once got the Ancient Cyclops in all my years of playing. I've seen him, yes, but I've never been able to get the kill because of others out-damaging me. On Oakwynd I've gotten 7 rings (one for me, one for my alt and gave the rest to friends). It's SO refreshing knowing that I can hunt for it alone and have a chance. I'll take that any day.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Agrippa Augur

Why do *so* many want to start bottomfeeding on almost all of the content within Norrath as soon as possible? Even on Oakwynd, where there is no reasonable way to level at my own pace, how many entire areas and regions are completely trivial by 50th level? Yes, I can leave over 120 corpses just to delevel from 6th down to 5th and many hundred of others for all of the other levels that I'd be forced to take. Even there, though, it's just not reasonably possible to play progressively through the lower levels.