Is mage, enchanter, Druid still viable?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arlien, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Arlien New Member

Title says it all. Will this still be a viable trio nowadays? Can you do all the progression and hunt named a or are pet tanks too limited?
  2. Ultrazen Augur

Easily one of the best 3 boxes in the game. The synergy between those 3 classes is off the charts. Druid fire debuffs are highly under-rated when playing with a mage, as are the attack debuffs which unlike slow, land on just about everything.

I hate playing a 3 box without ports, port to bind, evacs etc. Druid is a great box in just about any 3 combo, and brings more utility to a box team than any other single class. Druid is a great "swing" class, when things are easy, you can DPS, when they are tough, you can heal, add debuffs, ports, evacs...impossible to beat.

If I could only play one 3 box, it would be mage/chanter/druid.
  3. Tucoh Augur

For TBL, pet tanks will have a tough time with many of the progression steps vs a real tank. I'd recommend any boxing crew have a plate tank.
  4. Mintalie Augur

This is my 3-box set up. As Tucoh says, the pet will have a hard time with some of the TBL named. I have successfully killed quite a few, however some of them that cast mez, stun, silence, etc. have proven fatal. I do have to skip some of them. But there are still plenty that you can kill with a pet tank.

As far as progression goes, I did not do progression with my box team but I suspect it would be fairly tricky on some of the tasks, particularly the Smoke trials.

If you're looking for fun, though, I definitely love my set up.