Is it time to reexamine EXP rates on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

People have, quite literally, argued that we should have four times the loot, four times the XP, four times the flags, for precisely this reason. Maybe not in this thread, but this thread does not exist in isolation. There is a long history of this argument being made, and more often than not, it is made quite literally in the form, "We have one fourth as long, therefore we should get four times as much."

It isn't a strawman if I am addressing what people have actually asked for.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Fair enough. But rather than discussing whether or not it is or isnt a strawman, let's do try to stay on topic and narrow our discussion to things mentioned in this thread. Otherwise we might find ourselves down a rabbit-hole and completely overshoot our destination - finding a viable solution to a problem I am sure we can BOTH agree will become readily apparent in just a few months when we reach the more AA heavy expansions.
  3. Machen New Member

See post #29. I presented a viable solution!
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Ok, I did see that. I think that is a great idea, I just wonder what the threshold should be. I mean, I guess they could do something like a staggered unlock, say sub 5000 AA up to Underfoot you get a bonus, and then increase that to 7000 by VoA, increase that to 10000 by CotF and maybe increase that to 15000 by EoK. Im just spit-balling here I am sure someone else can come up with more accurate figures, but it is at least a good start.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Kujoe Lorekeeper

Wondering which zones/quests/etc. may serve as a better means to catch up. In my group i have 95 sk that i borrow, 87 bard, and a new mage i PL'd up in levels who is now 81.

Recently, I was in beza than zeka up through 80 on the mage, and now went to kaesora library, and getting a wooping .6% exp per red kill (to the lvl 80 mage) with a exp pot on and bonus exp. There has to be a better place to exp, i mean, reds to a lvl 80 and light blues to the 95 sk, and less than 1% a kill with bonus exp? I think i was getting more exp per kill with the blue/white/yellow con mobs (to the mage) in zeka vs the reds now in library.

Any advice for 80-95 leveling?
  6. Numiko Augur

I've always found rapidly killing blue/light blue mobs to be the best exp. Go to a lower level zone with good mob density and fast repop and mow them down, does not matter what the exp per kill is, it's the exp per hour that counts.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

House of Thule xp is infinitely better the SoD or UF zones. I'd do lower house or Feerot, with the goal of flagging your boxes for Grounds. I was getting a level every 90 min in the 80's there.
  8. Kujoe Lorekeeper

Was thinking of heading to HoT stuff once the mage is 85, to work merc quest for J5, but perhaps ill check it out earlier to test the exp waters.
    ty
  9. Machen New Member

You might not want to admit this on the forums, since it is a bannable offense to share your account.
  10. Numiko Augur

Grounds is an open zone, no need for flags to get in, and if you go there do the 5 kill quests, they are super easy, instantly repeatable, give small amount of dreamer faction and give a good chunk of exp to boot.
  11. Machen New Member

I wouldn't wait. Go do the J5 merc quest now. You can easily do it with the group you've got, and it will significantly boost your group's strength and leveling speed.
  12. Dahaman Augur

The best bet in my opinion is to create a primary goals list and treat XP as completely secondary.

Example: Make a list of AC augs to hunt for the SK or bard. The minotaur in the top of Beza(?) drops a nice one. Kill 160 mobs in that area and hope you get that aug. Oh look, the mage leveled as a secondary effect.

I don't know what good clicky items your bard or mage might need, but those might be good items to grind out in the process.

Working on a needed faction grind is another prime target.
    Froger likes this.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

Before concentrating on XP gains, your Shadow Knight should be geared (AC augs in each slot) as best as possible. At the very least full T1 Veil of Alaris gear. Also since VoA zones are not locked behind progression walls. You can run around in T3-T4 zones and grab any items or patterns folks leave behind on named. You should also do the highest Franklin Teek daily for each character. Moreover, many of the higher level daily zones have really great starter AC augs for all characters!

Since your lowest is 81 you should consider completing House of Thule group progression. Not only will this net you some good gear, but you'll be ready to dive into VoA progression when your Mage hits 90. The idea is to try an aim for T4 HoT by 85 because its the best XP per kill (and XP/Hour ratio) to 90. You'll also be able to get some pretty good gear that'll help progress through T1/T2 VoA.

Lastly, right around Secrets of Faydwar is when mobs gave less XP per kill. So, it's highly recommended to do the quest lines per zone which include mercenary, partisan, and group missions) for the best possible XP gains.

Hope that helps a little.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

These are good thoughts. I'd also add that many of your goals are going to be level restricted. EG with VoA as the current expansion, you need level 90 to begin to work on progression. So I'd probably go to level 90 and start working on that before doing aa's, especially since you have the tanking covered. I would look at gear/augs that you will actually use long term rather than stuff that might be nice but would be replaced pretty quickly (SoF augs fall into that category.)

Doing the level 85 hotzone quest each day is well worthwhile too.