Is It Possible to Change Bag Backgrounds?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Talif, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Talif Augur

I'm wondering if there's some way to change the color of a bag background from the dark gray it is by default (other than changing the alpha level, which really only helps if you aren't somewhere with a dark zone texture). Some items are just nearly impossible to see against the current background and changing texture/tint color options on the bag only changes the color of the lines between slots.

Happy to do some UI coding or texture file replacement if I need to, but hoping someone might have at least a direction to point in before I spend too much time digging myself.

Example pic: Both of these are of the same bag, one at 100 alpha, the other at 50, all 8 slots shown are filled. If it weren't for quantity labels and that green halo on the dagger, all four of these would be basically invisible and the one item effectively is.

[IMG]
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

EQUI_Container.xml is the container window. It uses a background called A_RecessedBox which can be found in EQUI_Animations.xml and uses a texture called window_pieces01.tga, specifically:

<Ui2DAnimation item="A_RecessedBox">
    <Cycle>true</Cycle>
    <Frames>
    <Texture>window_pieces01.tga</Texture>
    <Location>
    <X>180</X>
    <Y>110</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
    <CX>41</CX>
    <CY>41</CY>
    </Size>
    <Hotspot>
    <X>0</X>
    <Y>0</Y>
    </Hotspot>
    <Duration>1000</Duration>
    </Frames>
    </Ui2DAnimation>

You can either edit the location in window_pieces01.tga to an image you prefer, or, the better option would be to make a new .tga file with the image you want, add an animation reference (like the above), and then call that in the container.xml file.
    Duder and Talif like this.
  3. Talif Augur

Awesome, thanks!