Is it possible to catch up on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dundada3100, Jun 25, 2017.

1. -wycca Augur

Yea, he posted they don't want to give out specific rates. That being said, he did disclosure the rankings and how those rankings would change with GoD. To quote him again -

He clearly states that the existing rankings change as GoD unlocks. Which would indicate specifically, that the following is true -
    Pre-GoD = Live>RF=AG>PH
    GoD Phin Only = Live>PH>RF=AG
    GoD RF+LJ = Live>RF>PH>AG

He did decline to give numbers more specific than rankings, but I think he answered the exp rate question sufficiently enough for people to understand what happens in GoD to Phin's exp speed vs. what they're currently experiencing on RF/LJ/AG. Ie that Phin's exp in GoD should at least be as fast as those servers, and possibly some unknown speed faster.

Note - Per this post So What is the EXP rate on Agnarr? it is suggested that the Phin exp rate is ~50-55% of RF/LJ/AG currently. It is theoretically possible that when Phin hits GoD the ranking is = Live>PH=RF=AG, but it seems a bit unlikely to hit it right on the nose.
  2. nostalgicfool Augur

The solo XP is so horrible than even classes good at it cannot really level that way, they may have changed something since my 14 druid went to 16 super fast, she actually grouped with a 14 mage, the only two toon in that level range.

43-50 was fast, since from 43 on you can group with anyone and at 45 you can get kei.

Post 50 i stll have to find a place with some real solo xp, guides say frontier moutains (but is is grey at 50 with a few low blue). And Guuntak is so crowded that without snare and lull soloing there must be helll.

I remember quading/rooting in Cobald scar but my toon faction with Veshaan was good so i was able to cross the dragon city.

The Achievement of DBG is that many people get PL either by friends or paying for afk leveling.

DBG reminds me of Verrant, Verrant value could have been several billions, but instead of focusing on making a fun and complex game they focused on enforcing insane grind (repetition of the same thign as nauseam) and their idea of the game was to try to punish any player who was not in a large guild.

The result is a player base of order 1000 while it could have been 1million.
  3. Soon Augur

If they are going to increase exp on GoD, I really hope it is based on level rather than overall exp. I somewhat hope they will decrease the aa exp rate...or scale down when you have earned more aa's
  4. Lankie Augur

All wrong unfortunately. He said the rankings would change when ONE of the servers unlocks GoD. Not when Phinny unlocks GoD.

I would imagine a 20% increase in Phinny XP, leaving it still slower than the rest. The rankings will change when LJ or RF reaches GoD first, putting them ahead.
  5. Cart New Member

I'm unsure what you mean by "catch up". If you mean to get to max level to raid with people, then the answer is yes. If you mean you want to experience ALL the content up to current expansion then that will be much more difficult to do.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Neither one of you knows the actual answer, why call him wrong when you could just as easily be wrong...

But this is the forums, making up numbers and arguing them as if they are facts is the way we do it here, so by all means keep going.
  7. Numiko Augur

We won't know for sure until the 19th what's going to happen. We do know however that Veteran Rewards and Tribute will kick in once GoD launches which is another couple factors that will allow faster catch up.
  8. Risiko Augur

Maybe it's just me, but I think that the auto granting of AAs just diminishes the feeling of achievement in obtaining them. Plus, a lot of times when I created the level 85 characters on Live servers, I had no idea what my AAs were and how to use them because they were auto-granted. When I actually play thorugh the AA progression and obtain them myself one at a time, I better understand them and how to use them.

I guess that's why they put the checkbox in for auto-grant, so people like me can continue getting AAs the old fashioned way.
  9. Machentoo Augur

When autogrant is 4 aa granting expansions back (I am still going to maintain that the FAQ statement mentioning 2 expansions was a typo, but I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks...) It really isn't that big of a deal. Anyone playing even an hour or two a week will have all the major Luclin aa's by the time DoDH launches, so that basically leaves it filling out stuff like innate eminence or first aid that no one needs or wants to actually spend points on anyway. Even if Luclin is autogranted at Gates, this will still be the case. The only place it really helps is with allowing new players to catch up more rapidly, which the servers will need by the time autogrant makes its appearance, or with alts that don't get played much.
    Risiko likes this.
  10. Gemini Syringes Augur

The autogrant is for people who are hopelessly behind in AAs. That's why the autogranted AAs are several expansions behind. There are always still going to be a ton to get legitimately. I agree that it's insanely overwhelming to get all the of the AAs at once when creating a new 85 heroic, but that's a problem with the game itself, not the autogrant. To say this game has serious ability bloat is perhaps the understatement of the century. I want to play live, but don't bother because trying to figure out 50-100 new abilities per character with no guidance is ridiculous.
    Risiko likes this.
  11. Lankie Augur

I called him wrong because what he posted, was wrong. Sorry if this is confusing for you.

I prefaced my numbers with "I imagine" which means they are a guess, not factual.

In future can you read posts multiple times until you fully comprehend them instead of making random replies, to avoid wasting my time responding to nonsense?
  12. AgentofChange Augur

But you don't know if he's wrong. He may very well be right lmao.