Is Fippy the right server for me?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by eci2000, Sep 1, 2013.

1. eci2000 Lorekeeper

Looking for as good a base of players as possible with some casual guilds on it. I am a PST player (and old timer that missed the game). I played pre Kunark and into PoP on E'ci. I came back a couple times on FV. Should I try this server, regular server or is FV viable (I loved my 18 months there)?

Also, my mains were druid, rogue and cleric. Looking to try something new and thought of a caster like a wizard or necro but open to maybe a shaman. Anything but my original 3 plus warrior (never liked that class). Are any of the casters viable for guilds later on? Does the class matter much anymore? Are some just not wanted for groups ever? Is learning spell research still a pain?

Also, I went onto my old FV character and it was overwhelming looking at the character screen and all of these open slots on equipment for possible augments or something. Is the learning curve overwhelming?

Leaning to trying a wizard but I remember them dying a lot and not sure how death is handled now days. Any advise given is appreciated. I plan on paying to play as I like options to enjoy my game.

Thanks in advance to any solid advice. I am already reading some of Borek's (sp) postings which are extremely helpful. Downloading as I type.

Regards,

Old Newbie
  2. Jubaii Elder

Greetings and salutations! I am not sure what era you are looking for in terms of coming back to the game. Let me suggest coming to the Test server (free, gold accounts) and giving it a try. Return to Glory is a progression guild that is currently raiding Luclin. We have conquered Kunark/Velious and are marching through Luclin. We do allow things that were not in game back then, but we also want to have fun and not police every little thing. If this sounds like something you could be interested in, please check out the website at http://returntoglory.guildlaunch.com. If you have anymore questions please find me in game and I will answer any questions you might have. You can also PM me on the website if you want. Thank you for reading and hope to see you in game!

Ghirardelli 60th Level Cleric
  3. Machen New Member

It really depends on what you are looking to do. We're still several expansions away from mercs on Fippy, so if that matters to you one way or another that will make your decision easier. For guilds, wizards and necros are very high dps right now. There seem to be a lot more necros around than wizards but if you are a good player you won't have a hard time finding a spot in a guild regardless of which you pick. There's no reason really whatsoever to bother with spell research.

You will find some group opportunities as you level up on Fippy and then more once you are close to 75.
  4. eci2000 Lorekeeper

Thank you. Since I am not a melee person at heart and played 2 healers, I thought I would give casting a try. I thought about Mage as well but I read there are even more of them than necros.

Fippy seemed interested as I never saw much of PoP and nothing beyond and this server should give me that chance even as a casual night player.

Game loaded. Just need to find some time today to create a character and start my caster.
  5. zeph New Member

Welcome Eci2000!

I have also just started playing EQ again, and wow is it different. My Paladin, Thoon, who will also be my main is always LFG. Don't hesitate to /tell if I'm in-game.
  6. Hawklight Yandli Elder

Welcome back.

FOr sure if you are on Fippy send tells , a hello or LFG

Hawklight
  7. Brulia Elder

Welcome back... as I stated on a previous thread... I am recently back as well... if you need a lvl 23 enchanter give me a tell.