Is cripple worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chunk, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Chunk Elder

I play with my brothers all the time and one is a beastlord and the other is a bard. We always slow the mobs, but the beastlord usually doesn't cripple. By reading the spell description, the value of the debuff and looking at the current stat levels on people, it seems like it would do next to nothing. That being said, I haven't taken the time to parse it, but I have heard of others talking about the value of crippling mobs that can't be slowed. Is it still relevant?

I'm not sure if shamans or chanters have an upgraded version, but I'm specifically asking about the beastlord version which is called "cripple" and hasn't been upgraded since around level 30 I think.

I appreciate the feedback.
  2. Kaylord101 Elder

I don't even slow mobs unless its a named/longer fight then trash..
  3. Zanarnar Augur

Actually beastlords have access to incapacitate(56); its better then Listless Power (44)... we never actually get Cripple (SHM/ENC) which is much better then Incapacitate.

Personally I don't bother with it anymore; when I quit playing (OOW-era) I still used it on named mobs, and anything I was having issues slowing. Now-A-Days I doubt it makes enough of a dent in mob stats/ac to really be worth using. Maybe if I beg nicely a SoE might consider adding a slight cripple effect to our slow =] (or something.. anything! Our last slow upgrade was 87 :) )
  4. Voth Elder

Shaman and BL versions aren't very useful in group content and only marginally useful in raids when you don't have an enchanter around. Enchanter cripple is very nice and useful in both situations.
  5. Silv Augur

With all classes present, generally, the only one casting a spell in the Cripple line should be an Enchanter. On raids.

I suppose on some named and stuff it'd be okay if you have absolutely nothing else to do and can spare a spell gem (if this is the case then T_T). Enchanters are "lucky" as our slow has a built in cripple so it's usually on most things in group content but theres not a noticeable difference compared to AA slow (no cripple component).

So my vote is no, it is not worth it.