Is AFK leveling official legal now?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Icetech, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Icetech Lorekeeper

Have watched a guy named Tervor on Xegony afk leveling for 3 straight days now in Acrylia Caverns.. Is doing this now totally legal in EQ? If so what programs do you recommend to keep from being logged out?

I'm assuming its legal since myself and others have reported this guy and hes still going strong... thanks!
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's never been against the rules if using mercs... If the person is using a 3rd party program and automating the actions of actual characters - pulling mobs with one, tanking, healing, nuking etc then this is against the rules and petitioning the person will get those characters banned in short order.

Not sure what you mean by what programs to use to avoid being logged out though. You can sit afk for a month without being logged out. If your internet connection fails in the middle of the night though, nothing is going to keep you logged in.
  3. Icetech Lorekeeper

Ahh sorry i should have explained better.... he stands in the same spot for days on end.. casts a low lvl buff every 20 seconds or so.. when a mob pops near him and agros, his pet and merc kill it. and literally not move a inch for 3 straight days...
  4. Laronk Augur

yeah, he probably just has an autofire keyboard casting the spell then. I wouldn't worry about it really, there's way better zones to play in and someone afk exping in acrylia caverns is never going to really be in your way.
  5. Icetech Lorekeeper

naw.. wasn't worried about in my way.. just wanted to know if its legal.. might try it out myself to get some aa's...
  6. iniari-TR Augur

frowned up generally , but soe has no issue with it as long as the player isn't disrupting a zone / monopolizing nameds / quest mobs. and of course not using a third-party program.
    Wizadress Senlainae likes this.
  7. Icetech Lorekeeper

thanks iniari... yeah hes on day 5 24/7 with using autofire or something similar.. just good to know:) time to go get me some free aa's also...
  8. Sarkaukar Augur

If you report him and a GM shows up and he does not respond to randomly asked questions, then he can be kicked since the indicates he is not at the keyboard.
  9. Toboe Journeyman

that would mean anyone who afks anywhere on the server is in line for a kick, this is not inline with SOEs use policy, if his merc and pet are killing a mob that pops while he is afk this is not against the AUP at this current time, It should have been apparent when you are petitioning and he is still there, the GM's have to follow what the policies are.

since ive been afk in the bazarr for 4 days now I suppose I should be kicked from the server for not being at my kb selling things, same thing.
  10. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

Well there IS a difference. I could care less about a person going AFK in a zone ...

Unless ...
    a) they are intentionally blocking zonelines so people cannot enter or exit
    b) they are intentionally camped in a spot to always grab a mob that is needed to finish/continue a quest

The two above ARE in violation of the EULA/Play Nice ... whatever they call them here. It is greifing. But if a person wants to plop in the corner of a zone and afk level, that won't bother me (as long as it isn't A or B above)
  11. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

There was a time when the playerbase itself would have frowned upon this, and called it cheating-then again, there was a time when people who bought plat with rl money were looked upon with disdain and called cheaters, now they're called Krono sellers lol.
  12. TSR-AlexS Augur

I've confirmed with the gms, AFK levling is still against the rules. Please make sure you report these players so the gms can conduct an investigation. Thanks!