Is AA exp going to be this slow on phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brumski, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Brumski Augur

Topic...
  2. Elkay Augur

AA XP has been the equivalent of leveling a character from 51 to 52, so I think that pretty much answers that.
  3. Lawyer Augur

The answer is "Break out your credit card, and buy some DBG cash!"
  4. Lucy Elder

Unless Phinny XP is changed, there won't be a Phinny by then.
    Drexll likes this.
  5. Thawg Elder

Potion of Alternative Advancement
    Use grants the user 5AA points

$9.99. Or really save and get a 3 pack for $24.99
  6. Brumski Augur

I taste contempt and sarcasm.... Dunno why everyone says it tastes like tears.
  7. Lawyer Augur

"It tastes like tears" is the new way of saying, "I'm 14 years old and up past my bedtime."

I appreciate it, because it helps me quickly differentiate between people who identify with Eric Cartman, and human beings.
    Ladysoth and Drexll like this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Yes and no - that's what it ORIGINALLY was scaled based upon. AA however has received numerous boosts to it's rates over the years that happened after that scaling - so unless they explicitly adjusted AA XP as well, it will be nowhere near what 51-52 XP is.

Go on Live and solo an even con with 100% AA on at L51 and then flip to 0% AA and see the bars move and I guarantee it's something like 1% XP for real XP and around 20% of an AA. They're drastically different these days.
  9. Elkay Augur

I know Live has the huge boost, I have 105s on Xegony. But I doubt any of those boosts will be in effect on these TLPs.
  10. FurySoul Augur

They are on Fippy, they are not on Vulak. HoT is the expansion when that kicks in.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aa-acceleration-how-does-it-work.2866/

here is a link if you want to know more about it.

Also if you want to test a 50's toon for AA rates then try it on vulak. It is stuck in SoD and has no special exp bonuses that come in later (HoT).
  11. Vaclav Augur

There's at least 5 other types of AA acceleration that have happened over the years. The scaling one starts later though, yes.

I'm referring to the "post acceleration" rates since those should all be in place, unlike the later scaling ones.
  12. Numiko Augur

the level 51 thing was not the original way aa exp was calculated, it was originally on a sliding scale like normal exp levels, the more you got the harder it was to get more.

the flat level 51 thing was the first attempt at making them easier to get.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Now that you say that, yea, I think it was initially compared to L59 during Hell levels weren't they? (Maybe not officially but by players)
  14. Numiko Augur

I can remember in early Luclin it was considered a good night of exp is you got 2 aa's!

and that was when i was in one of the top raid guilds on Emarr so our group was very well equipped to beat content.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Yep I remember that - I was jealous of those people getting at least 1 AA a day in Fungus Grove.
  16. Nolrog Augur

These XP changes were put in at the time Vulak and Fippy went live, and were carried over to Ragefire/Lockjaw. This isn't exactly new, it was something the people asked for. Saying that this will kill the servers is nothing by hyperbole. People wanted a slower XP rate on these servers.
  17. Machen New Member

The XP rate progressively increased on Fippy/Vulak until it hit live levels in Gates of Discord, iirc. No reason to think it won't do the same here. Then again, it would be nice if the devs confirmed that.
  18. Lucy Elder

Do you guys realize you are comparing apples to oranges? We have 84 day expac releases. What about that don't you guys understand? It's gonna get to the point we will have more AA's auto-granted to us than we earn, IF the server survived that long with this horrible xp.

Total BS! XP on Fippy was never this slow. And it isn't on RF and LJ. NEVER!

This is 60% slower than Ragefire, I tested it.
    Elkay likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

We also have much faster dps/lower mob mitigation, much higher zems, all kinds of improvements to gameplay that make gaining and keeping your xp easier and faster, and content that is now tuned so that if you have zero aa's you'll still blow through it just fine. Of yeah, and WAY more knowledge about the game.

Don't see the problem here personally. People will get all the aa's they need in 84 days, even casual players.
  20. Zinth Augur

exp on Fippy used to be capped at 2%... atm. at lvl 3 I need several mobs to even get 1%
    Elkay likes this.