IRC chats for the new AA development - Bards

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jmac, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jmac Elder

There is a post in the vet's lounge about new AA development. I probably won't be able to get in on the chat, but was wondering what other bards thoughts were towards our AA's so that those who are able to attend can represent what others want and their ideas too.

I was thinking it would be cool to have a Call of the Hero AA line to add to our utility/support. One line to unlock the skill and another to reduce the reuse timer. Start with like a 10 min recast with the ability to bring it down to 5 mins with aa's. I don't think it would hurt the want/need for magician classes any, just add a little extra to our class.

Please feel free to discuss pros/cons of my suggestion and add your own, I'm interested in hearing other peoples' ideas for our class aa's.
  2. JERUS Augur

Figured I'd repost my wish list from before. This is basically what I sent in last year and what I posted in beta. Please add stuff =). I like Jmac's Idea but it is kinda stepping into another classes niche, worth a try I guess but if we get a no it's easy to understand why and i wouldn't disagree.

Upgrades:
    Hastened Last Stand - Need an upgrade to Last Stand to scale with new RoF hp values as well
    Hastened Deftdance 1 more rank
    Critical Heal Chance
    Selo's Sonata - increase duration, with indoor selo's now it would be nice to get a bit of a duration to this.
    Hastened Shield of Notes and increases.
    Tune of Persuance - increases track skill, increasing the range. Fluff/utility one, would be a nice to have thing.

NEW:
    -Dynamic Entry*- Leap to target, ideally like Lyre leap where it's instant and not a "battle leap" but either works.
    -Selo's Trick AA passive - chance to land 2X selo's kick
    -Forced Proc: group 1-3 charge forced weapon proc. Same as the ranger/warrior ability but with limited amount of total procs.
    -Perfected Lev: could come as a secondary buff from the blue drake illusion.
    Push/pull stuff: Beam Push, AE Push, Single target Pull. We love the abilities, very fun.
    -Activated % dmg mod somewhere around 50%, could even be added on to Dance of Blades
    -Brusco's Barrier: 2 min reuse 2-3 hit absorber. Something for preemptive survivability, enough of a reuse to keep it from really effecting tanking.
    -Twincast
    -A way to get mana back after a death even if its only a small amount
    -Melodic Balance: single target, group member. The caster and the target balance their HP, Mana, and Endurance

Then Bellow Options, it has been on most lists for years. Different forms of bellow on the same timer. Some ideas are:
    - Resist debuff, similar to the component on our current Bellow AA, but without the damage.
    - Defensive debuff, lowering the mobs AC and Agility (like the component from our Largo's snare song)
    - Melee debuff, lower the mobs Attack and Strength values.
    - Slow, just a small 30% slow to help until a better slow can land on the mob
    - Snare, to stop those runners from getting away
    - Stun, with no damage and some sort of duration so we can actually attempt to stun a mob at will and not just interrupt spell casting or hope for a Barrier proc.
    - Nuke, pure damage to help DPS, but nothing massive. Maybe 1/10 of an insult.
    Some of these we have the ability but it takes us a while to get them to land due to cast times and having to resist debuff. Through combinations of these we could perform those roles a little faster.

* Just renamed it because Mykaylla is good at naming things.
    VanillaCoke and Kirbane like this.
  3. Kirbane Augur

Not sure about the call of the hero, would definately make things easier when the bard normal runs back to rez ppl would help with that lil time between the bard getting back and the 5min on merc revive timer lol.

now
    2nd the deftdance - its always nice to have that disc up, cause oh boy its saved my spoony self a good bit
    duration to selo's would be nice, 4 minutes isnt very long in the EQ world, granted its better than the 2 and actually haven to cast it but 10 min would be nice :D.
    dynamic entry - good idea, with the prankster and jump we have a nuff things to move us around, 1 to go right to the mob would be really amazing.
    selo's trick - i second this 1, WTB this AA
    Activated % dmg AA or just have it added to dance of blades would be awesome
    ********omg yes need some kinda mana regen********* even if its just 10% usable only while rez effects on. sitting there with no mana is lame, since bards are in a mana bracket of our own it would be nice, and most of the time i sit with my song off cause my group is still pulling and the song will keep me in combat. im sure im not the only bard that has noticed this.
    Bellow Line- i definately like the snare/slow idea would be a nice option lots of utility for it, running around with mobs behind u in a close tight area can be tuff when you are waiting for that slow to land
    - the pure nuke for BB would be cool, nothing crazy DD nuke but a lil something would be nice

Ill have to look when im not at work at my AAs and will add my 2cents later on if i can come up with any, but seems the bases are pretty well covered atm
  4. Jmac Elder

Great ideas guys and thanks for posting. I love the mana regen idea, upping the selo's duration, and I really like the selo's trick aa idea. I don't raid and mainly just group with a friend and we both box. I box a cleric and the CoTH idea was just something I thought would be handy so I wouldn't have to always run two toons. :) And like Jerus said it never hurts to ask, the worse they can do is say no.
  5. fransisco Augur

Just like giving mages mana song wouldn't hurt bards at all?
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Some of these AA's I'd love on my Bard:

7. jarsh92 Elder

Pretty sure a mage mana song would suck since they don't have instrument mods.......
  8. Jmac Elder

As a bard it wouldn't hurt me a bit if mages had a mana song, I group with one quite often, be cool if they did get one and it stacked with our song. And plus thats why I said 5-10 min recast, if it was like a 30s recast then yeah that wouldn't be cool, make it a 30 min recast or even longer if needed. Just though it would be cool to have and something thats not depended on from our class but would come in handy from time to time.
  9. fransisco Augur

Most times someone casts CoH they only need to cast it once. Your taking a perk only mages have and giving it to yourself. That is called watering classes down - like giving monks mez. Sure it helped monks, but really sucked for enchanters. One less reason to need a chanter.
  10. Pedayenaya New Member

Here's my wish list:

Upgrades:
    Funeral Dirge (at least 2 more ranks to 20% total)
    Last Stand: More hp to scale with content
    Quicktime: Another rank with more HH
    Vivace of Conflict: Or the ability to quad attack...not like our melee dps would go crazy...
    Selos Kick: Innate chance to multistrike, but more than x2, first one is a set % then can hit again at smaller %s.
    DoB: 40%, 50%, 60% dmg mod added.
    Destructive Fury: More dd crit dmg.
    Swarm Pets: Both Lyrical Prankster and Song of Stone...Increase the lvl of the pets, make them hit for more dmg. Could even lessen the number of mobs in Song of Stone.

New Stuff:
    3 hit block every 2 min (2nd, 3rd, 4th this)
    Self only Quicktime with larger HH and +attack, but self only and on the same timer. Gives us a self dps option in lieu of group.

+dmg to hits (a little more personal dps)

Group Drake with melee enhancement: This can come in the form of a large dragon like proc (bard modded only) and then a few other benefits like increased chance to proc crits etc. It can be regulated by limiting number of procs and the dmg of each.

Eye aa for scouting. we have the click, but it isn't modded by EI now. Make it a snake model or something....Scout of the Piper....

Variations to bellow:
    Minor Bladewhirl added to the bellow (aka from our older Dance of Blade proc) or some kind of melee inhibitor.
    Dmg only
    Snare
    A smaller version of Funeral Dirge...maybe 3-5% though.

Discs.....1-2 new burn discs and 1-2 utility discs. Give us a faster reuse melee disc and a group version on the same timer. Utility could be eye. The melee disc (group and self) could simply add +dmg to all melee hits. Obviously the group one adds less but hits all, and the self one has much more dmg per hit. Toss in a small % dmg mod or something too.