Invert X-axis Camera Look?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kaletar, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Kaletar New Member

Is there any way to invert the camera's x-axis when right clicking to look around? (using the third person view atm, hit F9...4 times, I believe?) D:

(go level 3 froglok pally! :D)
  2. pk76 Augur

changing camera view ( i prefer 3rd view by pressing F9 x4 ) so i can see all around me, i can see if any adds coming toward camp , can avoid mobs easier since we can see behind trees or rocks or walls if there are some see invis mobs...great for pulling once used to it,can see what's going behind while running forward ect.....
    ---->> while in 3rd view , just hold down your right click ( mouse ) and move your mouse to change the camera view for any angle you want to.
  3. Kaletar New Member

Thank you for the reply and tips, but I already figured all that out lol :).

I was asking if there's any way to invert the X-axis. As in, right now, if I hold right click and drag my mouse to the left, my character looks to the right. I want to look left when I drag my mouse left, which means inverting the X-axis lol.
  4. Lenowill Augur

Not that I know of. The F9 third-person camera views could use some work in general when it comes to adjusting them on the fly.

I tend to get the best results by just going to first person view and then doing MouseWheel Down to zoom the camera out behind my character, which gives kind of a WoW- or Guild Wars-like camera perspective.

When I do use the F9 third person camera modes, the main one I use is "Chase Camera" (while in first person, press F9 twice). Chase Camera automatically keeps the view behind your character as you turn. While in Chase Camera, the camera's position can be moved up and down by the mouse's Y axis while holding down right click, and the character can be turned using the mouse's X axis.

To customize the camera's position further, you can keybind camera controls by going to the Options menu (Alt O), going to the Keys tab, and selecting Camera from the drop-down menu. The "Pitch Camera" and "Raise" and "Lower" camera keybindings will work to adjust the camera while in Chase Camera mode, but Tether-slide Camera will not.

Alternatively, you could keep using the "User Defined Camera" mode that you're currently using, but just make keybindings for adjusting the camera the way you want it. (The tether-slide camera settings will work in that mode, along with all the other bindings I already mentioned, which makes User Defined Camera the most fully customizable camera mode in the game. The main downside to it is that there's no way to force the game to lock the camera to turn in sync with your character while in that mode - but you can manually turn the camera using keybindings if you don't mind doing that.)

Sometimes (particularly for tanks and crowd control classes) being able to use third-person camera perspectives to see more of the battlefield at once can be useful, so feel free to experiment with it until you find what aspects of the camera system work best for you.