Inventory Puzzle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kathylynn_Unity, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Today I got into a bit of a predicament trying to loot something.

The situation was I had bags in all bag slots, all bags had more than three items in them. I moved the Ethereal Attuner (two spaces) from a bag to a top level slot. When I did so I made the mistake of CTRL + Right clicking moving two items to the attuner. I now had ten bags with items in them and one on the cursor with items in it. Every container was NO DROP. My bank also would have had items in all bags/slots etc.

My solution was to destroy the attuner with the two least valuable items I could get into it by CTRL + Right clicking. My question, was there any other options? I was under pressure to loot the drop since it was on a raid so I didn't have much time to think, however, I still don't seem to have a solution even thinking about it afterward. Seems like this is something that should not be possible so I must be overlooking something?
  2. Uuvin Augur

I understand what you did. I don't know how it happened, when I try to move contents from one bag into another, and there isn't enough room in the receiving bag, I get a message about not being enough room and no items transfer.
    besides that, I did get into a similar situation once. I ended up using a pet to hold a bag... sorta. I opened a trade screen with the pet with a no trade bag. I didn't click trade, yet I was able to go into my inventory, fix the full bags, move things around to make room. then when I cancelled the trade, the bag that the pet held temporarily dropped into the open slot.
    Melanippe and Kathylynn_Unity like this.
  3. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

That is exactly the type of idea I was looking for if it works, many thanks for a possible solution, not that it will likely happen again, but maybe it will help someone someday in a similar situation!

It is very odd that this would happen normally. I rarely carry 10 bags as I like at least one spot open for a container as I often trade skill. I also rarely have bags that all have items in them. It was also an accident that I used the CTRL + Right click command to swap items, I have no idea why I did that either. Needless to say the timing was not great for it to happen.
  4. Cloudia Augur

The container that you used to fill the attuner had 2 open spots, could have switched places between that bag and attuner then ctrl+right clicked again to drop items back into it emptying the attuner. back to square one and try again at that point. if there was room could then drop empty attuner into a bag or destroy it or swap for a low value item as needed
  5. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

The item I first switched the attuner with had three items in it. That put two in the attuner and left one in the bag. When I switched back it put those two in the bag and one in the attuner, simply swapping them back and forth at that point. With a bag on my cursor (with items inside) I had no way to move any other items until I found a way to put a bag down aside from using the swap contents command and since no bags were empty I could not empty the attuner with the swap command.

I did several content swaps with other bags which were mostly full to see what would happen and aside from messing up my inventory a great deal it didn't do anything other than swap the 1-2 items in the attuner with the first one or two items in the bag. I stopped that quickly as I was worried I'd get something of value stuck in a place I didn't want it and opted to simply destroy the attuner with some lesser value things I could part with.
  6. Khoza Augur

Did you try CTRL + Left Click? That should have emptied the bag on your cursor into the bag you clicked on. Much like ctrl right, except one bag is left empty. You'd then have an empty bag on your cursor.
    Kathylynn_Unity likes this.
  7. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

I do not believe I have ever heard of or used that command before. Thanks for pointing that out. That would have indeed worked.
  8. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

It's one of the "tips" that shows up on the splashscreens when you load the game. Or am I thinking of EQ2? I play both, and can't remember which game displays this.

Tat