Inventory management/bag sorting tips?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zujilli, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Zujilli Elder

Is there currently a way to filter your bags so that certain items go into certain bags (ie selecting a certain bag for weapons only, a certain bag for quest items only, etc)? Is there a type of auto sort feature like in eq2 or do I just have to left click and drag my items around to sort them? It doesn't matter to me either way, it'd just be nice to know if I was missing out on something that could save me time while looting. :)
  2. Crystilla Augur

Nothing set up in EQ like that ... other than some bags are designated certain things (like a bag just for collections, a bag just for tradeskill items and size of bags not allowing weapons to go into them).

But no real 'system' in place for it.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

no not your way, but I place bags in a order

Tradeskill bags 1st- Lot more slots- any items looted for tradeskill will be placed in these bags 1st.
    In the old EQ I used to have bags that could only hold lower size items I would place them next so the large items would fall to the lower bags.

-I wished I had a collection only bag but I did not $$ for it and they still dont have them in game for use poor peeps.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

I have my bags set up in such a way to allow a little bit of order.
    First bag is a few food/drink items and my weapons.

When I hit bandolier to change weapons they'll simply swap in and out of that bag. Regular food and drink is there also so they are consumed before stat food which are in a bag further down the line. (Switch stat foods temporarily for when I'd like the stats).
    The next 2 bags are the extraplanar that looted tradeskill items will automatically go to.
    The next 3 or so bags are empty where looted non-tradeskill items will automatically go.
    The last 4 bags are basically permanent places for everything I carry around with me; clickies, distillers, purity augs, stat food, et al.

At least with an implementation like this you have at least some sort of control where things are and where things go.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I put my collection bag and tradeskill bag at the top... that way any collection or tradeskill items go into them first... Nothing else will go into those bags. I have one bag with stat food and another with non stat food... I switch those around based on which I want to use...the one you want to use being to the top and to the left of the one you don't want to use... after the collection and tradeskill bag.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

Whatever way you choose, make sure you keep the Fresh Meat you loot far far away from your 1st bag slot, I swear if I accidentally eat another stack I'm gonna kick a puppy.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

Ok, not really, but it sure is bothersome when it happens
    Zujilli likes this.
  8. Anhari Augur

Roxx, you are so evil (wait, really??).

I keep my 1st bag with all my stat food, weapons, and clickies (at least to 24 slots!). When I am buying tradeskill items for a skill up run, or buying the next 10 levels of spells, I put all of my empty bags first, so that the purchased items go there. I will then re-order my bags so that my main bag goes 1st.

I also always put a tradeskill kit (tailoring, toolbox, tackle box, etc.) in the last slot. It does get filled up, but as long as I don't have to experiment, I don't loose the slots for storage. Just gets to be a PIA when I am experimenting on new recipes!
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I use something like this, but my permanent bags are before my TS ones since they are all full.
  10. malibu66 Elder

I like putting an empty bag first, so anything I loot, mod rods, etc. always go there.