Introducing EverQuest Portal

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Jennifer "Yaviey" Bridges
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Fifteen years ago, EverQuest revolutionized the world of video games with a brand new take on a living, breathing online world. Then, in 2004, EverQuest II was released and did it again. Now, in 2014, Landmark is in Alpha with a brand-new style of game! And EverQuest Next is currently in the Round Table phase, where ongoing discussions between players and developers may influence the game upon its release.
    [IMG]
    Now we're giving you a one-stop location to learn about all things EverQuest with the debut of our new EverQuest Portal wikia! Read interviews from devs, watch exclusive franchise videos, learn about fan communities you can get involved in, create a player profile, and much more. We worked together with our partners at Wikia to create this site with players in mind as a way to highlight our fans and give them content they really want.

[IMG]

To kick things off with the new portal, let's start with some prizes! Wikia is giving away 10 Collector's Edition packs of EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken, 10 Collector's Edition packs of EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan, and 5 Landmark Trailblazer packs. To enter, head on over to the EverQuest Portal wikia here, register for a Wikia account, and leave a comment in the blog post. But hurry! This sweepstakes ends on March 31, 2014.

[IMG]
    And just like our other wikias, this one is open to edit and add things to, so fill in the details on your characters, add your fan art, tell players about your guild, and anything else EQ-related. And if you have any suggestions, please feel free to add them in the comments here. Need some help getting started? Look here for a great wikia guide for beginners.

See you on the Portal, adventurers!
    --Yaviey, SOE Wiki Project Manager
    Oxgoad and Enkel like this.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

'Portal', how very '90's
    jeskola likes this.
  3. Serona Elder

When EQNext was first announced that was a working name, I assume you guys are now sticking to Everquest Next since it has gotten so much name recognition over the past 3 years?
  4. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Nice idea, shame that SoE are forgetting about all of the players who live outside of North America when it comes to entering the competition. :(

Haz!
    aka Jonathan
  5. Geroblue Augur

'Franchise Info' ? I know what a fast food franchise is. I presume this is something different ?
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

In the gaming world it simply means a series of game all on the same theme like Mario Brothers or in this case EQ.
  7. Geroblue Augur

Okay, thanks. I didn't think it mean people could go the franchise route.
  8. Fendy Augur

Portal. How shard's landing. How Katta Castrum. How Everquest!
  9. Alythea New Member

The basic idea sounds great, Roshen. Please give us more specific details when you can, e.g. what, if any, parts that the community can contribute to.

I hope the portal becomes a serious wiki where we can research up-to-date things for the games, such as EverQuest spell data and quests as well as patch notes and so on. I'm tired of hunting for resources that are currently scattered all over the Web. Outside places like Zam - while they are appreciated - are really starting to become dated as contributions and edits drop off.

It would be nice to have an "official" guide to find answers in-game (accessible via the in-game browser), not to mention save tech support answering game questions that can be answered by players.
    Gythlen likes this.
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Actually the reason why most NA companies don't run their contests outside of NA is because the other countries usually have a bunch of restrictions on how exactly the contest can be ran and what the prizes are allowed to be. So instead of trying to tailor the contests to match the laws of every single country out there it is much easier and less painful to just exclude them.

TLDR: Shame on the countries outside NA for having silly laws that makes it impossible for SOE to include them all.
  11. Hazimil Lorekeeper

Amazing how these North American companies are more than happy to deal with all the silly tax and accountancy laws though..... :D

Haz!
  12. Lingum Elder

How about reinstating EQplayers and EQIM?

While it was live, it was the best parts of the game.
    Diptera, Yinla and Fendy like this.
  13. Stumphobbler Elder

Not to offend, but Eqplayers was so much more useful.

Please stop paying people to waste money and pay them to focus on the GAME!
    Diptera and Yinla like this.
  14. Cimbaeth Elder

I'd really prefer it if they would just reactivate/ update EQplayers
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't much see the point of this, I thought it was EQPlayers replacement. :(

What exactly am I supposed to be looking at?
  16. jeskola pheerie

coming in April: the Everquest Webring!
    Diptera, Blart and Moribunda like this.
  17. Zarzac Augur

Have to say I don't get it. I realize there are some people who play both EQ 1 and 2, and some who will even play all three when next comes out. That number however has to be so very small that I fail to see the investment in creating a website that caters to people who play multiple games. Also, the captha verification for that site to sign up is ridiculous. I must have went through 10 sets of letters and trying to make out the audio numbers was impossible.

It seems just making each of the "portal" sites for the individual games the best they could be would work out a lot better for the community. Or, if you really want to make something that will see at least some amount of regular use, make a EQPlayers site that matches or surpasses the functionality of Magelo.
  18. Blart Lorekeeper

Very few people have time to play more than 1 MMORPG.

Aside from the name "Everquest" there's nothing that connects an EQ and EQ2 user. I'm never going to play 2 MMO's at once, because I have to go to work.

I know you'd like the Everquest brand to be seamless, but until my EQ character can walk across worlds, EQ2, EQ Legends, and EQN are as relevant to me as WoW.
  19. Piasa Journeyman

Useless site, better information is available from elsewhere.

Can we please get EQPlayers back up and running. I start to feel like management there is clueless as to what the players actually want.
  20. Fendy Augur

This will be as popular as SOEs request for player submitted maps. Years after they were already available on at least 2 websites. SOEs conclusion? Players did not submit maps to them so players must not be interested in maps.
    Stumphobbler and beryon like this.