Intentional, or not?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xdevlx, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Xdevlx Journeyman

So while testing my monk yesterday to see exactly what they did to Destructive force, something became very clear to me. They've taken the repeated hit out of our AE attack. Destructive force will now do exactly the same thing Focused Destructive force does (to the primary target). I logged my rogue in to see if it was the same case with rogues, and indeed it is. I was under the impression that they were going to bring Dforce back to the way it was, before the nerf about a month ago, and only change what it did to the surrounding targets. Unfortunately that is not what happened :-/. Don't get me wrong Dforce is still better that FDF, but it is NOT back to where I think the community was hoping it was. Anyone have any other input on this?
  2. Brudal Augur

Yeah, looks intentional. At least you get 25% instead of 15%
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I actually think it is where most of the communication expected it to be. They never ever said they were going to put it back to where it was. I am surprised they did this much.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

its pretty much where it was stated it was gonna be. Get all of the main target damage back plus threw us a bit of a bone on the ae, but it was never said that we were gonna get the full ae dmg back. I m just glad we got the main back, makes it alot better, not useless anymore and an edge over focused now.
  5. Brudal Augur

Monks version may be different but our aoe no longer hits the primary target, so no edge over focused unless you are hitting multiples.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

yes sir sorry my edge comment was meant to convey that, I was a bit vague on that, ie where its ok to hit surrounding adds that aren't mezzed or controlled.
  7. Brohg Augur

Same thing, with a potential upside, is an edge. That's not unclear
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  8. segap Augur

Was nice before having a risk/reward benefit. Some of the things they've been doing are taking away the edge that better players had through actual game play decisions. Enchanter twinproc mez of summoned things is another example of equalizing lazy/bad players and good players.
    RPoo likes this.