instant camp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Xirtket Augur

Any possibility of having an option to instantly camp to character select when you're in a non combat zone, such as PoK, guild lobby, etc? I often switch between characters, as I have a few bots full of tradeskill items,and waiting for the 30 seconds to go by becomes quite tedious and annoying.
    Fanra and Axxius like this.
  2. Gragas Augur

3. Xirtket Augur

This I know..that's why I said to character select...
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

The booting & reloading time is longer than 30 seconds for most people. That's a pretty worthless tactic. ;)
  5. Axxius Augur

As I understand, the delay was originally implemented to prevent players from escaping from combat. That was a decade before the Out-of-Combat status was implemented. I see no reason why we can't log out to char select instantly when in the Resting state.
    Sinestra, Ishtass and Felicite like this.
  6. fransisco Augur

its a good idea
  7. Nudia Augur

It's also already built into the client, as I understand.
  8. Straahdx Augur

In non combat zones, it sounds fine to me.
  9. Mikestab Elder

I think this would be fine. Nice Avatar Nudia, how did you get it?
  10. Xirtket Augur

I still like this idea, and now that CoTF is about to release.. what are the chances?
  11. Quatr Augur

I am sure it would be fine in non-combat zones like POK and GL, but I think it may be open to abuse in other zones. For example, you see a train coming while still "Resting", so you insta-camp.
  12. Axxius Augur

And that is bad... why?
  13. Jyve Augur

For the non-combat zones? great idea.
  14. Quatr Augur

It wouldn't be bad if it could only be used to avoid intentional training by a third party. However, it could also be used to avoid "legitimate" trains when your puller messes up. Or it could be used to avoid see-invis patrolling mobs and so on. Designers have enough things to worry about as it is :)
  15. JChan Developer

We like this idea for non-combat zones. We'll add this to the list.
    silku, Saroc_Luclin, Sinestra and 4 others like this.
  16. Tobynn Augur

Oh god nooooooo, not The List!! The idea may never see the light of day now. Let's add it to The Stack instead.
    Iila and Lighteningrod like this.
  17. Edrick Augur

Thanks, JChan.

By the way... how many bags of plat would it take to bribe you to post The List?
  18. Xirtket Augur

Nice, TY!!

make it a window that pops up and gives the option, so you don't accidentally hit ctrl x and instantly camp? lol.
  19. Leerah Augur

Or a 'swap character' button like the 'go offline' one.
  20. Khoza Augur

Bonus points if they add a feature to change characters while skipping character select, with the benefit that, if both character are in the same zone, it wouldn't have to unload/reload the zone files. (If that can be done, it would further benefit the aforementioned tradeskill mule situation, among other things.)