Instance Corpses Appearing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, May 16, 2014.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

When everyone in an instance drops the quest / mission, is there any reason why the player corpses inside the instance do not instantly appear at the quest giver?

Because we are doing Run, You Fools! and having to wait for our corpses makes no sense to me and is annoying.

Could SOE either fix this or explain why we have to sit and do nothing waiting for them? If they are unaware of this, please consider this notification. And everyone else please add in any other quests / missions that also have this problem, as there are quite a few.

Thank you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

If I leave in a corpse in a collapsed DZ, I assume I'm going to have to summon it. Because the ETA on it popping out at the quest giver is completely unknown and too long. Raids that don't reset correctly are especially annoying, since there's 30-50 corpses "lost" in there when the dz is dropped. Neriak2 is really good at bugging out with Banshee charmed players and never resetting.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There was a short time when we didn't have to wait too long back when LDoN introduced them, but that was likely because the amount of time that the instances were up was fairly short compared to today; 90 min vs 6 hrs. It would be nice if we could use the Shadowrest/GL mechanic and say a phrase to quest givers or an NPC near the instance zone-in to make them pull all of our corpses that are in the instances that quest giver gives or the zone-in is for.
    Leerah likes this.
  4. Leerah Augur

30-60 minutes. I'd summon after that time, all the more reason Summon Remains should work in ALL ZONES. This is also why I tell people who are lucky enough to have Expedient Recovery to save it for those times when you're far away and realize there's only 15 mins left on your 3 hour rez timer.