Innate Eminence

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rajaah, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Rajaah Elder

Going to necro this thread in the hopes that this AA can get a look from the devs. Innate Eminence, as it stands, is the most useless AA in the game (not counting the ones that are supposed to be useless for padding).

Even Innate Spell Resistance is useful when your resist stats are capped, because you'll get the +2 Corruption Resist from every rank. At least it's doing something to move the numbers up. Corrupt Resist being semi-hard to find means ISR isn't a bad AA at all even past the point where everyone's resists are capped. Innate Eminence, on the other hand, does pretty much nothing after the early eras of the game.

[IMG]
    IE has 5 ranks in Luclin, 10 ranks in PoP, and then a whopping 20 ranks from EoK onward. With a substantially high AA cost for the eras you can obtain it in, it makes no sense to have it do absolutely nothing past the early eras of the game. In Luclin, sure, stats aren't capped so this ability makes sense. However, its usefulness in PoP is a bit iffy (at what point are most people stat capped?) and the 20 later ranks are entirely pointless. Here's what I would do to modernize this AA, give a little boost to people who have it, and give it a point for people who don't have it:

Luclin: 5 ranks, 7 AAs per rank - Keep it as it is, increasing stats by 2 points a rank for a total of +10 to all stats for 35 AAs.

PoP: 10 ranks, 7 AAs per rank - Change these ranks to also increase the stat cap by 2 every rank, for a total of +20 to all stats and stat caps. This makes it sort of an alternate Planar Power, different but similar.

EoK for level 76+: 20 ranks, 35 AAs per rank - Change these ranks to add +2 Heroic stats on top of increasing the stat cap by 2. This has the end result of +40 to all heroic stats for 700 AAs, not a bad deal for high level players. Also much more in-line with the AA cost and makes a lot more sense. It's a small but not particularly gamechanging boost for people with all of their AAs, and gives a reason to buy these AAs to people like me who haven't bothered with 'em.

Just some food for thought, hoping we can get dev consideration on fixing this AA to make it useful. By and large, almost all of EQ's AAs are useful in some way. Very few dud abilities. I'd love to shore up this one complete dud of an ability and make it shine, especially considering it was one of the first AAs ever added to the game.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

100% behind this idea.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

on live servers, no it does nothing, but on TLP where they don't have defiant gear, it means MUCH more, and they can't separate the code between live and TLP.
    Celephane and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  4. Rajaah Elder

The last 20 ranks are level 76 onward / EOK which is well after Defiant gets introduced on TLP. They do nothing. Even if the first 15 ranks (Luclin/PoP) are left unchanged I'd love to see something done with the last 20 ranks.
  5. Lemerian Elder

Heh. Even on a TLP they're going to be the very last AA you get outside of maybe first aid.

If you actually read his post, you would know he already addressed the earlier eras anyway.
    Zynt and Rajaah like this.
  6. Eetra1 New Member

Even in Luclin on TLP as a raid geared warrior I am stat capped (besides wis/int).

Utterly pointless AA. Especially for 7aa/rank. Would be better off dumping excess AA into fireworks - at least you get something out of the deal.
    Rajaah likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Far from the only useless AA out there if anything considering they have consolidated/removed other AA to free up design space I would think it would be better to just get rid of it instead of redesigning. it
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

An alternative and radical idea could be...

To remove all stat caps from the game, base-stats-caps, resist-caps, mana/hp-regen-caps, etc.... Let our hard earned items give the full benefit, without any caps...
    Shindius, Andarriel and Tatanka like this.
  9. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Talk about an over night massive power inflation.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

Ooo and all combat zones should have a zonewide dot tick!!!!
  11. Rajaah Elder

Yeah, that ah...that wouldn't work. Game would be instantly completely broken from like OoW onward if stat caps didn't exist.
  12. Rajaah Elder

13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

at least say something since saying that is not really allowed.

A few examples of non-constructive communication are as follows:

Spam - communication without meaningful content that does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.