Info Request: Asylum of Anguish-OMM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Castrasi, May 2, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

Because CoA is the greatest raid zone of all time. In no way will that zone be trivial for the entirety of EQ's lifespan! Any mention of CoA deserves the recognition of a dev 100% of the time.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  2. Horathmir Elder

Correction - The Greatest Raid Zone ever created is Tacvi, Rashere's first raid zone he made as a DEV. One trash mob, One Boss ... rinse and repeat. Pure Perfection.
  3. Derd Augur

Wait... thats really a thing ?I thought someone was messing with the original poster.
  4. Thraine Augur

Call the devs! make coffee! This 2004 issue must be fixed!!

lmao nevermind all the rest of this broken junk :p
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My favorite part about these is that they are often on threads that have *absolutely nothing* to do with what the person's complaining about.

Thread about an unsolved quest from a decade plus ago? Dev spends 30 seconds reading it and commenting? How dare you dev, you work for me, why in heaven's name is harm touch still broken on Phinigel! I pay your salary and I demand your attention and satisfaction or else!

It's a pretty revolting attitude, and especially prevalent in the TLP arena.

Good times!
  6. Triconix Augur

That's why I anticipate the slow, excruciating death of TLP servers. My mustache is already twitching in delight at the thought of the complainers squirming in their seats pouring out complaints on the forum.

[IMG]
    roguerunner and Iila like this.
  7. Hellboy007 Augur

if they actually go and fix that old stuff i will have to face palm. ohh wait the will fix it cause TLP..

like the rest of the super old content they are having to fix for TLP. rather than focus on current EQ.
  8. Silentchaos Augur

Oh man.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Heh and this is what makes this forum worth the time.

Gotta wonder how they figured that one out.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I put in a bug report on Test last night. For us he was getting down to 94% or so and then constantly regenning back to 100%. Anywhere from 94 to 98% back to 100% over and over.
  11. Prathun Developer

Pure Perfection(tm) notwithstanding, Rashere implemented Txevu. Silius implemented Tacvi.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Who did Inktu'ta, out of curiousity? That gem blew everything else in that era out of the water.
  13. Prathun Developer

That was me. :)
    (And your check is in the mail...)
    Dibab, roguerunner, Ishtass and 7 others like this.
  14. Lonye Augur

Inktu`ta was a great challenge to figure out, and even when you knew what to do, it relied on everyone in some great ways. Whether it was the curse callers or Noquifel, it was a blast.. Especially when you didn't wipe.
  15. Triconix Augur

You, sir, are a genius.
  16. Naugrin Augur

Wasn't that just responding to Mata's (and Marten Broadcloak's) statement that there are other worlds than these?
  17. Dre. Altoholic

I'd like to personally thank you for that "screw it" event which made me realize there are more important things in life than BiC.
    Pass along my additional thanks for the event which ended my raiding career.

Sarcasm level in this post... 2/10
  18. Naugrin Augur

There IS no life, only BiC.
  19. mackal Augur

Who designed them? Implemented and designing are two different things (although, they don't have to be I suppose)
  20. Prathun Developer

The raid designer and implementer are almost always the same person, though there are some exceptions. Tjudawos in Crystallos was one and the Library raid in the House of Thule was another.
    The thing is, while the broad strokes of a raid can be brainstormed and scribbled on a whiteboard by one or more folks who won't be implementing the raid, the dirty details of the event are really up to the implementer. And unless the raid plan handles each detail down to the finest bit of minutiae, which it never does, there's still quite a bit that's open to interpretation. And the raid design changes, sometimes drastically, during the implementation. It's not always clear what works well, or works period, until you start putting it together. :)
    roguerunner, Skuz, Ssdar and 9 others like this.