In the spirit of compromise...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dafootfistway, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

Increase the level cap to 60, but don't release any new zones. Also disable The Hole please.
    Protocol likes this.
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Oh yeah, there's a recipe for success.
  3. rekais910 Augur

I feel like this made zero sense.
  4. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

5. rekais910 Augur

I see no joke in disabling the hole. Where are we supposed to each other then? (this is also a joke.)
  6. Batbener Augur

Do that, and I will be impressed with the first 60.
  7. Dark_Intentions Augur

Is releasing Kunark in 2 more months really as big of a disaster as some are claiming? Daybreak already clearly stated that all expansion after Kunark would be 6 months, no matter how the Kunark voting turned out.
  8. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

PoF mobs would be light blue by 54 even. Brutal.
  9. rekais910 Augur

Two fold answer. Raiding guilds that stand a chance at doing this content want to have an actual chance. Everyone else is still working on getting leveling up and playing the game. Releasing kunark early seems silly and unnecessary to most. As well a lot of people are hoping that not doing this will give/force DBG to actually work on the problems at hand instead of just releasing more areas for people to get into fights over.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

Reduce max level to 31 (you can kill both dragons with avg raid level 31), open the planes to all levels and lock us into classic for two years.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It makes zero sense on so many levels it's not even worth commenting on, really. But I'll bite...

First, the vast majority of the spells for the 50s come from kunark vendors and are dropped there. And velious. So, basically, you'd have people levelling into the 50s with old spells and gear but with overblown hps, mana and skills. Second, you'd be levelling on greens and eventually run out of things to exp on all together.

I admit, after thinking about it, from a total EQ nerd perspective it would be interesting to see what all you could do. Might have to try this with a toon when we get kunark....keep levelling into the 50s but utilize only old content gear and spells. But for a whole server to do it....LOL what a cluster that would be.
  12. Steampunk Augur

Burn the witch!
  13. Polekn Augur

Now if they opened Kunark and left max level at 50, it would make game more interesting, it would offset some of the changes which trivialized game until GoD.
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Actually I may do this at some point. Solo pally. Limited to old world content, spells, gear and no hole.

Could I pull off soulfire? How far in levels?

Regardless, I suspect the real question is could I make it to the end without going insane? The 50s grind on limited greens...ugh. LOL
  15. Numiko Augur

We should get a Tutorial progression server that just has the Tutorial with a max of level 10!

Raid on the Demon in the pit!!
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That kind of stuff can be surprisingly fun. Had lots of fun going that on vanguard tutorial island trying different classes out. Maxing each BG in DAoC too.
  17. Rhiyannon Augur

do you honestly believe they will keep theie word?
  18. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Yeah, I don't remember seeing them actually say this. And even if they did, given what they actually do there's no reason to believe them.