Immortal Ironman (HCSSF, Permadeath Challenge)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Balegrim, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Balegrim New Member

Hey all,

Some of you may or may not remember me. I created The Real Ironman Challenge back in 2019 (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-real-ironman-challenge-fv.253969/).

We had a lot of fun with this one. A lot of people participated, and had it not been for a new job, I might have been able to keep it going. That said, while I think TRIC stood as a fun and fulfilling challenge on its own (and still does), it ultimately served as the alpha for what I now refer to as the actual 1.0 release: Immortal Ironman (or how I managed to encapsulate the essence of early-days EQ).

I am, like many of you, an old school EQ enjoyer (reppin' Torvonnilous). However, also like many of you, I am not a fan of janky, technically unsound private servers. I also have no desire to be stuck in a version of EQ Groundhog Day where my characters can never progress beyond 60-65. Immortal Ironman goes all the way to 125 (or max level) to ensure it remains the most relevant, challenging, and fun version of EQ HCSSF available now and into the future.

Also, to be clear, Immortal Ironman is both a guild and a ruleset. We are currently on Mischief TLP with plans to spread out onto other servers, including new TLPs to come. You are welcome to join the guild and participate in an official manner. You are also welcome to not join the guild and just play along with the rules on your own. Immortal Ironman is equally applicable to both, which is why this is not a guild recruitment thread.

The discord is currently a work in progress, but all the basic rules are thoroughly accounted for and currently listed here: https://discord.gg/Mnbz3xaa.

If you've been on Twitch lately, you might already be familiar with me and Immortal Ironman. If not, feel free to tune in and ask questions, or to just "shoot the bull" as my dad would say, or to simply see for yourself what an Immortal Ironman looks like. I'll be streaming daily (currently playing Ranger) for the foreseeable future--including today. Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/baelgrimhc

As a teaser, here are a few highlights that I feel make Immortal Ironman the best HCSSF option currently available in ANY iteration of EQ:

1.While Immortal Ironman is PERMADEATH, you are NOT required to delete your character. This is optional. I always delete my character on death, but other players/members are not required to. You are simply removed from the contest and/or guild.

2.While mercenaries are never an option, GROUPING with other Immortal Ironmen IS an option once you reach level 60.

3.If you make it to level cap, and complete the final ascendance trial, HC restrictions will be completely removed and you are now considered IMMORTAL (hence the name). There is status, and many perks/benefits to come to those who achieve immortality.

If you have any questions, please feel free to respond here, DM me on Discord or in game, or again, just come find me on Twitch! Thank you!